Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Did You Wash, Shine, and or Polish Today

Holder

18 hours ago, RayS said:

Be aware that I let my daughter drive my Mustang Convertible to school and never got it back.  She took it to college and it has been parked in her garage every since.  She is nice enough to stop by and let me detail it for her when it needs it.  Should I mention that she initially took it over 10 years ago.

She already claims it as her car.  I have let both kids drive it.  My son took it to his senior prom.  lol  

LOVE BUGS are out in Florida. Thank God for Adam's Bug Remover.

No pictures!!!

Wet the Dodge Dakota truck and sprayed the grille, windshield and side mirrors with Bug Remover. Let it soak and soften the bug guts for a minute and started the removal process. Rinsed the truck off and did a quick hand wash on the rest of the truck. Dried and applied Ceramic Boost.

No pictures!!!

Wet the Toyota Avalon (garage queen) and sprayed the grille, windshield and side mirrors with Bug Remover. Let it soak and soften the bug guts for a minute and started the removal process. Rinsed the car off and did a quick hand wash on the rest of the car. Parked the queen back in her private place and dried and applied Ceramic Boost. The Princess is happy now!!!

The SS got a bath last night. Adam’s Wash and Wax plus many MF wash pads in the bucket. CS3 was used as a drying aid. 😍❤️😘

Let me announce it here for the world: I will never ever have a black vehicle again...NEVER!

Also discovered my cheap electric power washer is a complete POS. 1 year of use and it’s dying.     TIme to do a few side details to get some $$ for a legitimate power washer, foam cannon, etc.

5 hours ago, mc2hill said:

@Captain Slow I would call you out on swearing off black cars, but knowing you have 3 lovelies at home to spend time with I understand!

Michael, you are correct. I’m immensely enjoying the role of being a father to my girls. While it’s fun to sneak off to the garage for an hour or two here and there to keep the rides shiny, I’d rather the girls remember me when I’m gone as being Papa who did things with them and not Papa hiding out in the garage. 

Bragging now: They made the cover of their school student/parent manual.EB495470-D849-4660-8E8F-708E52B38342.png.04758a43f68bf4aa447f3e1cdd14965e.png

I’m  so proud of my twins!

Edited by Captain Slow

17 hours ago, Captain Slow said:

Michael, you are correct. I’m immensely enjoying the role of being a father to my girls. While it’s fun to sneak off to the garage for an hour or two here and there to keep the rides shiny, I’d rather the girls remember me when I’m gone as being Papa who did things with them and not Papa hiding out in the garage. 

Bragging now: They made the cover of their school student/parent manual.EB495470-D849-4660-8E8F-708E52B38342.png.04758a43f68bf4aa447f3e1cdd14965e.png

I’m  so proud of my twins!

Wow, they are so big!  Congrats to you and mom.

I just finished washing the wife’s Beast. I used Griot’s Foaming strip wash in the foam gun to remove quite a bit of road film and tar spots.   Rinsed it then washed it using many MF towels in a bucket. Sheeting rinse followed by drying using Ceramic Boost as a drying aid. Ceramic Boost went on the wheels and Tire Armor on the tires.  Ceramic Boost on all glass as well.

While relaxing after my shower I hear my lovely wife from the basement: “ where’s the Griot’s interior stuff?”

Captain Slow: “Top shelf, right hand cabinet.”

Lovely wife: “Hey, don’t you have anything more seasonal? Something holiday scented?”

Captain Slow: “Third shelf down, left hand side, should be a bottle of Adam’s Pumpkin 🎃 Spice Interior Detail Spray.”

Lovely wife comes upstairs shaking bottle and smiling ear to ear!  

She has learned well.👍🏼😍

B7508332-8290-4733-920D-1F953CEF21AB.thumb.jpeg.7455bdf40b71935b24d188c7027a6c47.jpeg9FF0F954-DF92-4066-8ADE-BF502520FFA5.thumb.jpeg.7ac15c8ba6b1fccfc4176ded5ad58a87.jpeg446BD67E-6C22-4B3B-A3A0-B5D3A247F022.thumb.jpeg.5ae0dec800eb2b39324d7ae662504543.jpegB8B358F9-AA04-4538-9B0E-DE7E72E04CDF.thumb.jpeg.8d74b17b743706f679a5ebc58c5ef058.jpeg
Looks good for a 100,000 mile daily driver/school bus.

Yes, I know exactly where my detailing supplies are, don’t you? 😉

Edited by Captain Slow
Added pics.

Did a light correction and fresh Paint Sealant on the truck this weekend... Pretty happy with how it turned out given the relatively limited amount of time I put in compared to the absolute monster amount of painted surface I had to get through.

It had been beaten to death by the dealer when I picked it up this spring, It's getting better and better each time I need some weekend therapy!

IMG_8666.jpg

IMG_8668.jpg

Edited by TGHaworth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Covid is on the rise in my area, so we're pretty much staying home 99% of the time.  I've been taking care of the wife for the last 3 or 4 weeks (had her hip replaced) so I've been doing a lot of the cleaning, although not up to her standards.  But I was bored today, got out the mini SK and some Revive, and the Graphene DS, and went to town on the glass shower doors, and our bathroom counters.  They all turned out pretty good!  Wonder what I can do tomorrow!  

16 hours ago, Rich said:

Covid is on the rise in my area, so we're pretty much staying home 99% of the time.  I've been taking care of the wife for the last 3 or 4 weeks (had her hip replaced) so I've been doing a lot of the cleaning, although not up to her standards.  But I was bored today, got out the mini SK and some Revive, and the Graphene DS, and went to town on the glass shower doors, and our bathroom counters.  They all turned out pretty good!  Wonder what I can do tomorrow!  

Hope she is healing quick Rich. Stay safe and healthy! 

Funny I did the same thing last month w/ my mini. The door glass looks new. 

Cleaned up the wife’s Honda fleet.  

Both live outside 24/7

The mini-munchkin mobile, a 2020 Odyssey 

Mega Foamed

Dried entire van except driver side with Graphene DS and ultra plush

Did the driver side with clean dry ultra plush and hit it with Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating 

Also used Rinse and Coat on wheels, then Graphene DS

We got the van in June, it under went full detail/correction and Paint Coating 

The Blue CRV is a 2006 (never ever garaged)

Hasn’t been corrected in 3-4 years,

Washed with mega, dried with Graphene DS and ultra plush

The graphene DS is absolutely amazing, super easy, slick, and shiny, and in some instances gives the appearance of a coating! 

B552E7B2-A00C-421B-894A-5527111BD7B2.jpeg

A008264F-3379-475C-828A-535EC89C9D3F.jpeg

1C6919C1-B8EE-4DC1-BB18-D064EEAE5233.jpeg

Edited by Nickfire20

I cleaned the interior of the SS using Griot’s Garage interior cleaner. I followed that up with a wipe down of Adam’s Interior Detailer with MicroBan, sweat pea scent. This afternoon, upon retrieving the twins from school I was met with compliments on the “ nice smell” of my SS before they returned to being preteen girls and ignoring me... 🤷🏻‍♂️