Customer Service 866.965.0400

"Corvette Clear Coat Question"

baldy79

Question

I started out my Adam's detailing projects with the Porter Cable on my 08 Z06. I found that I had really work at it to get the paint to a point where I could move up to a finer grade of polish. Plus my hands were going numb. My son bought me a Flex for Christmas and man, that really got the job done much quicker. Just wondering, any other members notice the clear coat on a Vette being harder than most other cars? :cheers:

16 answers to this question

Thanks for the feedback guy's. I don't think the quality of paint on a Vette is on the same level as a Porsche or other high level cars. I guess GM made up for it with a harder clear coat. Still love the Vette though.

I did my new VW with a PC and it took me forever, and some of the (what i consider) minor scratches would not come out. I picked up a flex before I even attempted to do my corvette.

:iagree:

-Carl

Yes, I gave my PC to my son to work on his VW. We'll see how long before he's back over here begging to use the Flex. Flex is the only way to go.

Thanks for the feedback guy's. I don't think the quality of paint on a Vette is on the same level as a Porsche or other high level cars. I guess GM made up for it with a harder clear coat. Still love the Vette though.

I wish my camaro's clear was the same as my dad's 09 Zo6, my car's paint is INCREDIBLY soft. But i can also vouch that the clear for the vette's paint is hard took me a while to PC it it

I am currently doing an 05 C6-BLACK!!! I noticed the more passes I did that were slow and steady the easier it was too get the clear to a softness where the product did its job. About to 2 full passes with each product and my flex makes it look like black glass!

GM also made up for it with a more bad *** motor...

I never get caught at a red light in mine, I can be 1/4 mile from the yellow light and still make it through :burnout: