Customer Service 866.965.0400

Advice cleaning Matte finish wheels

jkiinm

Question

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and am looking for advice on what products/tools I should be using to clean some new wheels I got.

They are TSW Nurburgrings in Matte Bronze. What Adams products would you recommend for the matte finish. I've been told to hit the wheels with some super vrt after I clean them but am unsure of what cleaner to buy. Should I get the green wheel cleaner, the new Adam's deep wheel cleaner, or just the all purpose cleaner.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

11 answers to this question

My process is the normal wheel cleaner adams sells with their wheel brush, the tire brush with all purpose for the tires and then spray them off. Then I use the in and out spray on my matte wheels. Makes them look so wet and amazing!

Edited by dakotaspeir

I have TSW Nurburgring wheels as well but mine are matte gunmetal. I haven't tried the deep wheel cleaner yet but for light to moderate contamination I use some Adams car wash shampoo in a bottle with some water and the foaming sprayer. I'd stay away from all purpose cleaner or any strong degreasers. I've used super vrt and quick sealant after washing with great results. Welcome to the forum!

I have TSW Nurburgring wheels as well but mine are matte gunmetal. I haven't tried the deep wheel cleaner yet but for light to moderate contamination I use some Adams car wash shampoo in a bottle with some water and the foaming sprayer. I'd stay away from all purpose cleaner or any strong degreasers. I've used super vrt and quick sealant after washing with great results. Welcome to the forum!

What kind of tools are you using to wash the wheels? Just a terry cloth or do you have a brush?

I used the deep wheel cleaner on my sisters audi.wheels that are factory matte black and it works fine. Wheel woolies + trim and lug brush is awesome. I hit them with some quick sealant and they stay lookin sharp.

I believe the OP is wanting to keep the matte wheels looking MATTE, not wet....

Just use our Car Wash Shampoo. After you dry them off, do a quick wipe down on the wheel with either a 50/50 mix or 70/30 mix of Isopropyl alcohol (you can get a bottle at Walmart or local pharmacy for under a buck). Then top it off with our Quick Sealant. This will PROTECT them very well, and maintain the MATTE finish, without making them look glossy or wet.

Just use our Car Wash Shampoo. After you dry them off, do a quick wipe down on the wheel with either a 50/50 mix or 70/30 mix of Isopropyl alcohol (you can get a bottle at Walmart or local pharmacy for under a buck). Then top it off with our Quick Sealant. This will PROTECT them very well, and maintain the MATTE finish, without making them look glossy or wet.

Thanks for the tip Chase! I never thought to hit them with IPA before the quick sealant. Man I love that quick sealant.

:rockon:

thanks, took your advice and ordered some of the car was shampoo, boars head brush, and the quick sealant kit. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Correct. I have a matte paint roof my Charger. And my buddy has an ENTIRE vehicle wrap on his matte military green SVT Raptor. We BOTH use quick sealant for protection. It's a transparent product. Matter of fact, it has a cool "leveling" effect to it, it's hard to explain but it just really makes matte finishes look more even and level. You'll see what I mean when you apply it. I use it on matte stripes in my business all the time & clients LOVE IT.