Customer Service 866.965.0400

benefits of a foam cannon

hemi1300

Question

can somebody please explain to me the whole process of the foam cannon that i have seen a few threads posted, very curious. Recently purchased a new 3100 psi pressure washer and want to use it every chance i get, the foam cannon hooks up to the pressure washer hose? Been doing the 2 bucket wash method for the last year or two, with the foam cannon-do u just spray the whole car with foam and then wipe down with a single wash pad? Or do u still perform the 2 bucket wash method, and the foam is added insurance against swirls/scratches? Just interested what the benefits are of purchasing the foam cannon

Use foam and a 2-3 bucket wash. Cannon does the same thing as a spray foamer, just better. You get a good sheet of soap that lubricates and cleans a lot of the dirt off the car making the actual wash simpler with the pad touching the car less.

Plus it looks cool!

Foaming the car and pressure washing it off first gets it pretty clean, i then foam it up again (still half mixture left) then I just clean bucket rinse it (no soap) with grit guard.

-Carl

So I would still need to perform the two bucket wash? If so, think I might just stick with my normal routine, my car wash sessions are long enough, would be fun to break out the pressure washer though

i think its a good option to have. i thought my foam gun was nice then i bought a pressure washer and a foam cannon. it makes a thicker layer of suds compared to the foam gun which provides a safer barrier to the paint.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Soap is also a lubricant, more so than just water. It's also pH balanced and gives you time to wash it proper without the water leaving spots before you get to rinse.

Use soap in your bucket.

Nothing cleans paint like Adams car shampoo in a bucket with grit Guard, a merino wool wash pad, rinse bucket with grit guard and a sheeting/pooling rinse technique to help ease the beads of water off the surface as you rinse....

Then pop with DS as you use the gwt to dry. (If you don't have a master blaster)

Foam cannon is so much better than a foam gun. I have both, and I can tell you that much. The pressure from the washer produces much more foam than the one on a foam gun, plus you use less shampoo to do this. Also, the foam produced by the foam cannon, clings to the paint a lot longer than the one from the foam fun. This allows the foam soak up the dirt and grime a lot longer, thus even reducing the chance of scratching compare to foam gun's.

However, sometimes I do not have enough time to take out my pressure washer so, I just use my garden hose with the foam gun.

TIP: When mixing the water and shampoo inside the container of either a foam cannon or gun, make sure you use WARM water. Also, put WARM water first before pouring shampoo in the container, to greatly reduce the chance of bubbles being produced while mixing. Swirl the bottle side to side, gently. Do not do it rigorously

Why warm water? The water and shampoo mixes better, and more thorough than cold water. Try this. Mix the solution with warm water. Then use it. Mix another solution with cold water. Then use it again. Tell me which ones produces a more consistent foam.

Edited by EPHIOS

I am looking at the Foam Lance on Ebay right now. 59.00

My thought is I have siding on my house and could also use the Lance to spray cleaner on the siding when I wash the house.......

But love the Idea of using it on the car. Foam it up and wash her down. I could see if you foam it down real good, for the most part not using shampoo in the bucket. Well for the most part you could wash the whole top of car, hood, roof, and truck lid down, the rinse pad off and pick up some more shampoo again.

Going to order one and try her out. I have a Husky 2600 psi with 2.4 gpm gas washer from Home Depot. See how it works.

I just did my car today with my foam cannon. I can't go without using it now. I do the rims and tires first with GWC and APC. Then I use the cannon with shampoo and ww. Let it dwell for a few mins then rinse with the pressure washer and clean water. Then use the cannon again and foam it up. Then use the two bucket wash and just hose it down with the fire nozzle. I use a merino for the top half and jumbo for the bottom. Blow the car off using a generic type if electric blower and then mist the car with DS. Dry it off with the GWDT.

I just did my car today with my foam cannon. I can't go without using it now. I do the rims and tires first with GWC and APC. Then I use the cannon with shampoo and ww. Let it dwell for a few mins then rinse with the pressure washer and clean water. Then use the cannon again and foam it up. Then use the two bucket wash and just hose it down with the fire nozzle. I use a merino for the top half and jumbo for the bottom. Blow the car off using a generic type if electric blower and then mist the car with DS. Dry it off with the GWDT.

tony, i feel the exact same way. that foam cannon is a freaking beast!! i think it actually saved me some time, even though it was my first time using it. i did the same thing you did:

wheels and tires first

foam car and let it set a few minutes

rinse off foam

foam again

2 bucket wash

rinse

Using the PW is like second nature to me as well now. I use qd fittings on the water hose with a full flow 3 way valve so i dont even have to disconnect the hose from the pw to use a hose to fill/rinse buckets or wheels.

-Carl

Sorry to hijack this thread, but wasn't there a thread about Adams possibly releasing a foam cannon?

You weren't dreaming........I heard/saw that too......sure would be a nice addition to the Adams line of products! :thumbsup:

Just got a Troybilt gas PW after giving up on my two electric units that failed. I have the foam lance and the dwell time on the car is a big difference... the foam guns just won't produce the same kind of foam, and I want as much foam as possible to get those dirt particles suspended and off the paint.

Of course I still use the two bucket wash (thinking about a third bucket).

For those of you that doubt (I would think very few), the below is why at least two buckets are needed.... the clear(er) one is where the suds were (grit guards were removed for clarity).

I higly recommend the MTM Hydro Foam lance!

cf734bc1.jpg

And with the guards in place:

ba49fc1d.jpg

Edited by gencoupe3dot8

Just got a Troybilt gas PW after giving up on my two electric units that failed. I have the foam lance and the dwell time on the car is a big difference... the foam guns just won't produce the same kind of foam, and I want as much foam as possible to get those dirt particles suspended and off the paint.

Of course I still use the two bucket wash (thinking about a third bucket).

For those of you that doubt (I would think very few), the below is why at least two buckets are needed.... the clear(er) one is where the suds were (grit guards were removed for clarity).

I higly recommend the MTM Hydro Foam lance!

cf734bc1.jpg

And with the guards in place:

ba49fc1d.jpg

Good Post,, just ordered it from Ebay. Thanks

Been thinking about replacing my foam gun for one of these as well. After reading sounds like I really need to get one for my power washer for sure!

Got mine off Ebay from Wayfair for 59.00

Works awesome.. :cheers:

Used my MTM Foam canon again today. Made the mistake and sprayed into the wind and completely frosted myself. lol.. Also moved up to a 2 buck clear water (no soap). my buckets where not even to as close as dirty as gencoupe's. but mine is a garage queen.

-Carl

Do you guys use Adams car soap with this or do you have to get another kind to use and if you can use Adams how much soap do you put in the bottle.

Adams of course. I use one pump from my gallon bottle with the pump sprayer and the rest is water. Just make sure you put the water in first then the shampoo. I think that translates to like 4oz of shampoo, but I'm not sure. You can add a little ww in there too!

Adams of course. I use one pump from my gallon bottle with the pump sprayer and the rest is water. Just make sure you put the water in first then the shampoo. I think that translates to like 4oz of shampoo, but I'm not sure. You can add a little ww in there too!

Thanks for the info. I have been thinking about getting one of these. I have a 36 ft. 5th wheel that I think these would make things much easier to clean. I have tried all kinds of soap and can't ever find anything that foams up good, I haven't tried Adams soap yet, but I think this foam cannon might be the answer. Thanks again for you info.