Customer Service 866.965.0400

Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner in the Home.

3gInOc

Question

Need some advice from the pro's!

So last month we had a mini flood in our apartment. All the carpet was replaced with a really nice light tan carpet. It sure is pretty! But with 3 little boys and an 1 year old daughter, light tan carpet is tough to get clean. A month later I saw several small spots starting to form near the kitchen area. I asked my lady what I should use to get them out. With great confidence she said, use the laundry prespot and just scrub them out, then vacuum. It worked great, for week. But know the area's that I scrubbed seem to be darker and you can tell where I scrubbed.

So I'm sitting here at work, bored, think about those stains. (Hey I'm bored!) When I realize, my girlfriend has some Adams Carpet Cleaner stashed somewhere in the house. So my question is, once I find it, how should I attack this stain? Is there a chance?

13 answers to this question

We have created our own "Home Essentials Kit", Glass Cleaner, All Purpose Cleaner, Upholstery Cleaner, Leather cleaner and conditioner.

Anyhow, the carpet & upholstery cleaner will probably get the job done. But with small kids you have to realistically expect some dirt.

Bruce

Great advice by all! So you know, if you rent a steam cleaner from the local grocery store, and pour 1/3 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner, 2/3 water in the tank, it works AMAZING!! Especially on light carpets.

Also, since there's no soap, you won't have the problem of the spots getting extra dirty later. :2thumbs:

Moe, alot of the poblem is that your getting the surface clean but not the crap thats under the carpet. you can get the top hella clean yet just walking on it is going to bring the crap up from underneath. when ya apply the cleaner, do your best to scrub it...ALOT to bring to the surface as much of the junk as possible. having 4 kids myself ive realized that if the spot isnt cleaned almost immediately after and alotof time taken to keep it from soaking in. its going to come back unless ya actually peel the carpet. put new foam and clean the wood or concrete the carpet is on.

some of the professional carpet cleaners have good enough suction that it does remove about 75pct of the junk from out of the carpet. your normal run of the mill house vacuumm wont do that though

The Adams Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner is top notch. I'm not just blowing smoke either...

I've worked for a retail flooring store for the past 5 years. I've seen and used dozens of products for removing stains. The only one I keep at home is Spot Shot. Others may work, but nothing like Spot Shot. :bow:

Well, I have a stain that even Spot Shot couldn't touch. I don't know what it was but it came from one of my dogs chew sticks.

I tried the Adams cleaner this evening. It took two applications, but the spot is gone. After 4 years of using an area rug to cover it up, it's gone. :banana::banana::banana:

Thanks Adams, your products never cease to amaze me. :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Moe, alot of the poblem is that your getting the surface clean but not the crap thats under the carpet. you can get the top hella clean yet just walking on it is going to bring the crap up from underneath. when ya apply the cleaner, do your best to scrub it...ALOT to bring to the surface as much of the junk as possible.

<table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 129pt;" width="172" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><col style="width: 129pt;" width="172"><tbody><tr style="height: 18pt;" height="24"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 18pt; width: 129pt;" width="172" height="24">Carpet Cleaning Service</td> </tr></tbody></table>

I will be using the Adam's Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner in my Hoover Steam Cleaner soon on all the carpets in my house. Hopefully, it will take the puppy pee out!! :willy:

I can't wait to see how it works...yeah I am actually excited to do the carpet. :banana::banana:

I just used my hoover on one of the bedroom carpets with the Adam's. The carpet is a medium blue and was really dirty around the bed area where you walk. I mixed it 25% to 1. It really got the dirt out, but I found it needed rinsed, because the carpet fibers got a little bit harder (which I figured out after it dried was because I didnt' rinse). But I'm happy with how it worked. Be sure to vacuum after it dries.:thumbsup:

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I just used C&U, in my Hoover Steam Cleaner, on some Champagne White carpet that we have on the stairs of our house. I have cleaned these before with other carpet cleaners and never been thrilled with the result, but using the Adam's C&U, I'm am simply blown away. The carpet looks darn near brand new ! It looks so amazing, I can't wait to see how the rest of the carpeting in the house looks when I get done.  BTW, the carpeting is 20 years old and now you would never know.  

At $30 a gallon, it isn't cheap, but for the $100 worth of product I'll end up using, it sure beats having to buy new carpeting.

Thanks Adam's

Yeah, this thread is really old.  The blue carpet in my post from 2009 is long gone. But I'm still using the C&U on my living room and hall way carpets.  Good, good stuff.