Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Prototype Compound and Finishing Polish

I looked there, I assume he means the "Micro White 7 inch Pad" and "Micro Orange 7 inch Pad", but I don't see any new polishes.

It's probably just the same pads as the ones they have now.

I wish they'd come out with an 8" pad, I love my 3M 8" pads, the bigger the better IMO

Edited by Mark L

PCP and PFP are both on the whole sale page.  Looks like it will be $29.95 a bottle and the new pads will be $14.95 each and $7.95 for the focus pads.

I see it now, thanks for posting

Guest Gone & Forgotten

So... A little birdy (well, a 6'3" birdy with a mustache) told me the new goods are the bomb-diggy and a great step in the right direction. Won't share too much more out of respect for that being the job of Adam's staff.... No spoilers from me.

All I can say is I told him to order me up the new setup when it's available. (Very soon.... Hint hint).

He also said it was awesome going to the Adam's dealer clinic and he had an amazing time.... For that of which I replied "you suck".

Yeah... I'm a hater like that.

When the new digs are out.... Order it... Don't wait. Just get it. If you have a local guy, PLEASE support them by ordering from them.

Is this stuff going to be replacing SHR and FMP?

Looks to be that way.

Looks like they're going from a 3 step system in: SS&HR, S&HR, FMP to the new 2 step system

So, I have been wondering, will the acronym be PCP?

Bruce

According to the wholesale page, Adam's is distributing PCP to it's dealers.  Next you'll see the "dealers" selling PCP to the public. 

EDIT: Stupid acronym software now ruined the joke.  :mad:

Edited by LDM

Yes. The new products will be perfectly compatible with the current pads. 

Compatible and equal performance aren't one in the same.  And I'm not saying you were implying that Dylan.  Can you elaborate on the type of performance degradation we can expect, if any, that we'll experience using the gen 4 pads with the new polishes?

Compatible and equal performance aren't one in the same. And I'm not saying you were implying that Dylan. Can you elaborate on the type of performance degradation we can expect, if any, that we'll experience using the gen 4 pads with the new polishes?

MF pads are known to have a much higher cut than foam pads, so I would assume the new polishes and MF pads would cut better than the new polishes on the foam pads. However, I'm sure the team extensively tested the new polishes on both the new pads and the foam pads.

Yeah, I guess I'll use up my old stock of products before I take the plunge.  A lot of $$ still in it.  Maybe not though, I guess you gotta ask yourself how much your time is worth to you, right?  These new polishes and pads could effectively cut your correction time by 2/3 give or take.  This is looking big.

Dylan or Chris, I'm assuming these are replacing SHR & FMP?

Also, remember once the teasing starts its usually only a week or two until it's released. I'm guessing Friday or next week.

My assumption is that they're moving away from the 3 step to a 2 step. The correcting polish should cut better than severe.

While we're guessing, maybe they were enamored with the Rupes 21 and will offer it with the new MF pads and new polishes.  Or the FLEX PE14-2-150!

Yes!

Bring on the Flex Rotary!

I'll retire my Makita asap!

Yearning for some rotary love from Adam's for years!