Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Sealant After 2 Months

dipolley

Question

Yesterday, I took a trip up to Adam's warehouse. It was raining all day but I had put Adam's Glass Sealant on my windshield about 2 months ago. So, after I left the warehouse I pulled out the camera to show everyone what happens. At about 55-60 MPH the wind is strong enough to push the water off the windshield without the use of the wipers. Plus, when the wiper blades are on, the water just flies right off. And this is after 2 months of rain and snow. I have seen videos of right after, but not a lot of months later.

Sorry the video is a little shaky and the video focuses on the windshield so everything else is blurry. It is intentional.

Enjoy!

7 answers to this question

At lower speeds the water doesn't just fly off the windshield without the help of the blades, but beads up very nicely. It causes the wiper blades to glide over the glass and be very effective. Once the water is pooled by the blades at low speed the water will fly right off.

I'm sorry but that happens with or without glass sealant at that speed. The true test is what happens at lower speeds like 30 to 45 mph.

It will not do that without glass sealant.  The sealant is what helps it bead.  No sealant means the water will try to sheet off the windshield and really happer visability. 

I've had my glass sealant for a while... but hadn't used it yet... Always thought the glass cleaner itself made it bead up nicely.

I put it on last week after my wash, extremely easy to put on and remove, compared to Rain... errr.. the "leading" brand...

Sunday we were down at my parents for mothers day and there was a light shower before we went home. Got in the truck and I couldn't believe how much more it beaded... Mine even flew off the windsheild even at 40 mph... Of course mine is only 3 days old lol