Customer Service 866.965.0400

New from South GA

If you buy at harbor freight you need a backing plate which will cost you $25 more that bring your total to $85-$90approx. I think a PC

Is approx $130. You can order it in a kit, you are going to use the polishes anyway.

I am almost afraid that it is already too hot to do it. I mean it is high 80s to low 90s here already...what temperature is too hot to work in? Part of me almost says to buy the Harbor Freight DA they have for $60 and use it to learn with and then get the Flex?

The temperature depends on what you can handle personally.

if the vehicle paint is too hot then it will just dry the polish that much quicker and thus you lose life on the polish and you spend more time on the vehicle and use more product (that's my thought process).  If you are doing it in mid summer, etc. make sure you are under a tent/canopy or in a garage to keep the sun off the paint (reduce temp of the panels).

I personally don't like doing it in the summer temperatures because I hate the heat.  It's suffocating to me (even though I was born/raised in middle GA).  I prefer temperatures from 40-75 for detailing.  I have done detailing in temps as low as 40 before.  It was chilly on the hands but everywhere else was fine.  However I have also detailed when it was 90+, on blacktop in the middle of summer. 

Flex vs PC.

I had my PC for less than a year before I got the flex.  I only used my PC once or twice on my ride and a few times on friend's rides.  It was almost a waste of money after I upgraded to the flex a short time later.  Just make sure you get your bang for the buck.  If you can wait and save up for the flex...do it.  If you feel it will be a couple years before you upgrade from PC to flex then get the PC.

I'd always recommend buying through Adams.  110% guarantee and Adams is awesome! :)

Well I am 99% ready to place my order, just have to decide Flex or PC...Heart says Flex, Wallet says PC

I am just having a hard time justifying the money because I don't plan on doing this to make money (but at the same time if I get good at it I might start doing it on the side). Man this is a harder decision than it was to name either of my two boys. INSANE

Well I am 99% ready to place my order, just have to decide Flex or PC...Heart says Flex, Wallet says PC

I am just having a hard time justifying the money because I don't plan on doing this to make money (but at the same time if I get good at it I might start doing it on the side). Man this is a harder decision than it was to name either of my two boys. INSANE

I think with the new polishes and microfiber pads the PC should do you fine.  I have been using non-Adam's MF pads with a matching polish on a PC and it corrects quickly.compared to the "old" (are we calling the 3 step process old already?) 3 step polish/foam pad combination. 

I think with the new polishes and microfiber pads the PC should do you fine. I have been using non-Adam's MF pads with a matching polish on a PC and it corrects quickly.compared to the "old" (are we calling the 3 step process old already?) 3 step polish/foam pad combination.

Now I am right back to being confused

I think with the new polishes and microfiber pads the PC should do you fine.  I have been using non-Adam's MF pads with a matching polish on a PC and it corrects quickly.compared to the "old" (are we calling the 3 step process old already?) 3 step polish/foam pad combination. 

Now I am right back to being confused

Buy the PC, the new polishes, MF pads, and a set of foam pads.  Done.

After much debate in my head I bite the bullet just now and ordered the Flex and some washing supplies...I feel sick from the amount of money I spend but I should be very happy once it arrives.

Can't thank the Adams staff enough for all the help they gave me.

Edited by DirtyBlackHoe

Well I didn't waste much time, and jumped right on the Tahoe as soon as I got a minute this weekend. I didn't get before pictures (I was too excited to start) but let me just say that it was beat. It has been outside it's whole life, driven by my wife for the last 3.5 years, and definitely wasn't taken care of cosmetically.

I am very impressed with the results and it was much faster than I thought it would be. I am sure that I went a little faster than I should have (some deep scratches just didn't come out), but from what I can tell there are NO swirls in the paint and it looks amazing.

Complaints - I do feel like eventually I will end up getting a polish with a little more cut, but for now it worked great. The only real problem I had is that I couldn't get the Correcting Polish to stop dusting...It could have been technique, it could have been that it was 94 degrees outside with 40-50% humidity.

No telling, but everyone that has seen it so far is in awe of the paint and I love it. Well here are the pictures guys

2013-06-15132919.jpg

2013-06-16122440.jpg

2013-06-16122430.jpg

2013-06-16122541.jpg

2013-06-15193150.jpg

2013-06-15193238.jpg

Wife showing off the paint correction with an improptu CRUNK Pose from the truck.
2013-06-15203604.jpg

Edited by DirtyBlackHoe

Very nice results!!!  As you perfect your technique you will get even faster! :)

The warmer the temperature the quicker the product dries up....I see that happen when I am doing my rides in the summer which is why I do them early spring and late fall.