Customer Service 866.965.0400

Machine Super Sealant Durability/Longevity over Quick Sealant

varga740

Question

I read a lot on here how everyone is really big on the Quick Sealant due to the ease of use, quick application, and short cure time, not to mention versatility since it can be applied on wheels, grills, and trim.

Ok, so my question is this. If I had the time for a MSS application, is it still worth applying over the QS? I guess what I'm getting at is, is the "better" protection and increased longevity I would get out of the MSS over the QS worth the long cure time?

P.S. I put the word better in quotes because I'm making an assumption. You're welcome to correct me on this.

6 answers to this question

I think the performance is pretty comparable between the two with MSS getting a slight edge and giving the paint an extra pop that aqs doesn't.  for me, if i just got done polishing and have the machine still out, i put on the MSS.   I use the quick sealant for the wheels and front end before going on a road trip.

-Carl

Edited by carlrx7

Two applications of AQS lasts me longer than two of MSS and the sheer ease of use of AQS makes it worth using over MSS IMO.  MSS DOES offer a deeper level of gloss though.  That's easily overcome by using Americana or Patriot on top of AQS.

These findings are from the use of both over the past 4.5 years.  

Chris

Hmm, doesn't make much sense to me that a spray on sealant performs better than something that needs to cure for 12 hours. Well I put MSS on one of my cars a few months back so I'm going to be comparing it with the cars I've applied AQS on.

I try to compare it on the same car, or at the very least the same color.  My car is black and while MSS makes the paint look slightly better, the AQS has lasted longer for me.  

I am surprised as well.  BOTH offer great levels of protection and longevity.

Chris

Good point. In a few weeks It'll be time for another full detail on my main car so I'll be doing the works on it but replacing AQS with MSS this time around.

To my eyes I'm seeing the AQS I put on it 4.5 months back, start to break down and lose protection, which is what prompted my initial question.

When I'm going to lay down a sealant it's because I've just finished polishing, so the machine is already out, and I just swap the pads and lay down MSS. It's pretty effortless, and with MSS and the machine you will cover a much larger area in the same amount of time you would using QS by hand.

I reserve QS for wheels, door jambs, and to use as a bug barrier before long road trips. Excellent stuff in its own right.