Customer Service 866.965.0400

Complete From the Studio: Volkswagen CC

THE Mook

Well Hello There!

I had this customer of the Warehouse come to me a few weeks back.  He is a Volunteer for the local Fire Dept., and maintains all their stuff there...converting to Adam's one step at a time.  His mother, works north of here, and was unfortunate enough to get her car splattered with the overspray of a local baseball field's freshly painted Yellow Foul Poles.  This stuff was the worst I have seen.  It was all over everywhere, the paint, the glass, the plastic trim...and heavy.  I knew this was going to be a nice challenge for me, let alone, the few places I need to correct the paint also.  I was able to accomplish the following detail in 6 hours.

The Products and Process:

Edited by Mook@Adams

The Before Pictures:

IMG_5365_zpsa41f08f0.jpg

DSC_0374_zpsed569094.jpg

DSC_0376_zps31a152c4.jpg

DSC_0379_zpsa03a5467.jpg

Most of this car was in good shape.  Including the Wheels and Tires.

DSC_0375_zps060a314d.jpg

DSC_0384_zpsb39d66b5.jpg

Look at this Engine Bay!

IMG_5368_zps000db274.jpg

DSC_0383_zps8cfda1b4.jpg

The overspray on this car, simply worst I've ever tackled.  Heavy, thick, tough to remove.  Check this stuff out!

DSC_0377_zpsf0231531.jpg

DSC_0378_zps5cf395b2.jpg

The pillars and this "sweep" area were filled with swirl marks from what I suspect was a snow brush.

DSC_0386_zps42771891.jpg

Minimal, if any action shots were taking during this.  I was crunched for time, and banging my head into the wall figuring out how to get all that overspray off the plastic trim.  I was not successful here, and still lose sleep over it.  I did everything I know to remove that stuff, without damaging it, and it wouldn't budge.  I was able to get it off most everywhere else.  Really tough spot on the hood also.

Engine Bay

DSC_0387_zps3e4ab17e.jpg

DSC_0388_zpsc182e4dd.jpg

Wheels, Tires, and Wheel Wells

DSC_0389_zps72f52d64.jpg

DSC_0393_zps4c111364.jpg

Outside Shots

DSC_0391_zpsd581b05f.jpg

DSC_0392_zpsc547af2f.jpg

DSC_0394_zps34c29902.jpg

DSC_0395_zpsdcd4003d.jpg

DSC_0397_zps841e9334.jpg

Got those brush marks out!

DSC_0396_zpsc051f05d.jpg

That's all on this one.  I think it turned out great considering.  The car looked really great outside!

Thank you for stopping in.

Mook

Great work as always.  I've never heard of using the revive on a machine as opposed to the finishing compound, is there a particular reason for this?

I actually did have reason! Revive is an Excellent cleansing polish and since the paint didn't need all that much save for the spoken for pieces, I opted for something Dylan and I have been doing for a couple years.

I actually did have reason! Revive is an Excellent cleansing polish and since the paint didn't need all that much save for the spoken for pieces, I opted for something Dylan and I have been doing for a couple years.

Well it seemed to work great that silver has a nice depth to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I was crunched for time, and banging my head into the wall figuring out how to get all that overspray off the plastic trim.  I was not successful here, and still lose sleep over it.  I did everything I know to remove that stuff, without damaging it, and it wouldn't budge.

Have you ever tried using 0000 steel wool with APC? that would add some extra bite to take of the overspray on the plastic and cause minimum scratching or if there was scratching it could be very unnoticeable since most plastics have some minor texture and could possibly be buffed out? Has me intrigued to go to the junk yard and grab some thrashed pieces and try this. Great job on the turn over while keeping great quality.  :2thumbs:

Have you ever tried using 0000 steel wool with APC? that would add some extra bite to take of the overspray on the plastic and cause minimum scratching or if there was scratching it could be very unnoticeable since most plastics have some minor texture and could possibly be buffed out? Has me intrigued to go to the junk yard and grab some thrashed pieces and try this. Great job on the turn over while keeping great quality.  :2thumbs:

This plastic was smooth. I wouldn't try anything on a cutsomer's car that I wouldn't try on my own. I think that may be a little dangerous!

Thanks for the kind words...if I ever get a day off, I have a LOT more to post.