Customer Service 866.965.0400

Streak Free Mirrors and Glass Every Time

SYMAWD

Question

22 answers to this question

How about the inside?  Thats where I get my streaks.

Same as the outside.  Just make sure your towel is not saturated with cleaner and spray onto the towel instead of the windshield directly.

yesterday my wife helped me clean our family vehicle gmc terrain after a long trip from vegas to ok city through a snow storm and seeing her try to wipe the inside of the windshield all twisted up was hilarious!  stood there for about 5 minutes with a beer in my hand laughing it up.  then I jumped in a showed her some things from this thread.  on another note she says, "this Adam's stuff you keep buying really made cleaning this car easier, you should keep buying it!"  SCORE! 

Adam's glass cleaner works phenomenally for me.

My clean streak free tips are this (if you use Adam's Glass Cleaner like me):

1)  Make sure glass is free of contaminants!  - Claybar your glass 1-2x a year

2)  Less is more with Adams Glass Cleaner - too much and you'll be wiping forever (and getting your towel wet), literally one spray per side of the window is all you need

3)  Change your wiping towel frequently, and always keep a dry side ready for final wipe!  I use a lower nap towel, about 300gsm, for cleaning glass with, and if i'm doing outside and inside of the glass, I usually use 2 towels.  One towel for the front windshield (inside and out) and rear window (inside and out), and another towel for the in/out of the side glass and mirrors. 

The key to getting the inside windshield streak free is to do it before you do the outside, or to use a towel when its absolutely clean, fresh, and unused on the inside, since that is the toughest part to get streak free.

I get a streak free shine on every window, mirror, windshield I use Adams glass cleaner on with their MF Glass towel

This is one of my top 5 Admas products .. wife loves it. I had to purchase a bunch of it to ship to my mother inlaw in Poland. She fell in love with it this past summer.  Now I got my neigbors addicted to it and my brother.

Nice video OP.

Adams products are great but...I still use newspaper print with the cleaner to clean my windows.

I used to clean my windows this way, then I tried Adam's glass towel and haven't looked back. Definitely worth the money, and if you don't like it you can return it.

Got my "inside the house" bottle of Adams Glass Cleaner this weekend, and took the sealant out and went to town on my windows in the house. Now I have a bottle inside and in my garage, and let me tell you, if you aren't claying, cleaning and sealing your windows of your house with Adams Glass Cleaner and Sealant your house looks like everyone else's.

If you use their glass regimen in your home it's simply amazing. I have 21 double hung windows, a large casement window, 3 sliders in the basement, as well as windows on my shed and garage doors. Clay, clean, and seal, and enjoy having the best glass in the neighborhood.

I recommend using a window scraper on glass facing outside (as long as it's not tempers) before claying as there is bound to be one heck of a buildup out there and it will make your clay last longer if you scrape and wipe down the heavy stuff first (use a cheap MF for this task).

Will be refilling my 2 16 oz bottles of Glass Cleaner with a gallon from here on out for sure!

Well we've been in the house 2 years now, the woman who owned the house prior died of like brain cancer or something at 91 years old.

Judging by the fact that I've been cleaning up tree trimmings, overgrown bushes, dead growth all over my 1.7 acres for the past 2 years and finally about to get my property ready for a mulch delivery this coming weekend, it's been a long time playing catch-up for a property owner who didn't do much in the later years of her life.

Granted, we just did the last 11 windows on the house over the winter with new double hungs, so those don't have to be scraped.  The other Andersen double hungs that were replaced by previous owner didn't have that bad of a film, so I didn't scrape them but just clayed before sealing.

My outside porch has some older casement windows, single pane, non-Andersens, etc, and those needed scraping as those are now the oldest windows on the house, probably original from the early 60's, or whenever the porch was added on.  Between the porch windows and the panes on the garage, as well as the sliders on my shed, those were the only ones that really needed a scraping.  The actual house windows themselves just clay bar.

I'm really OCD when it comes to clean glass LOL