Customer Service 866.965.0400

Patriot-waxed a F-250. never again on such a big ride!

JHL88

This thing kicked my butt.  I looked at it thinking "oh, its not much bigger than my 1500 Silverado." WRONG.  When you're up close to these super duty's they are a lot bigger than you think.  It was pretty much trashed, with most of the crud being dried on bugs and guts.  

Apparently, word got out at my wife's job that i like to detail cars and what not, so one of her co-workers wanted me to do his 2013 F-250 crew cab that he uses to go hunting a lot and i agreed, not knowing what i was getting myself up to.  All he wanted was a wash & wax so when he dropped it off at 7am i got up close and knew instantly it would require more than just a simple wash & wax.  i spent over an hour alone just claybar-ing all the chrome on the front of the truck.  I didn't completely finish until after 5pm, keep in mind i did zero correction (it didn't really need it surprisingly).  It will be a while before i do one of these again.  Well, Here's what i did..

- Sprayed wheels with DWC let sit for 5 min. then rinsed

- Cleaned wheels/tires again with APC then rinsed

- Sprayed half the truck with WW, let it sit for 5 min

- Used P/W to help remove bugs & dirt

- Mixed 1 oz WW & 4 oz Adam's shampoo in foam cannon.  Then it snowed

- Mixed APC in 2 bucket wash with adams shampoo 

- Clay barred windows

- Dried with DS, GW towel & master blaster sidekick

- Clay barred entire truck

- Wiped down door jams w/ WW & GW towel 

- Protection provided by QS

- Beauty provided by Patriot wax

- Wiped down wheels with DS & my reject microfiber towel

- Dressed trim with VRT then tires with VRT milk 50/50 

- Dressed wheel wells with US

- Polished all chrome including running boards with either Revive or MP#1 & drill w/ 4in pad

- Put brilliant glaze on the windows

I then realized i missed a few spots with guts on the front of the truck where all the chrome was.  There were a lot of places for them to hide so i grabbed some non adam's citrus based APC to get them out with success. 

I'm sorry but i didn't take any before pics, unfortunately.  i was crunched for time and i knew i had to hurry to get finished what needed to be done.  I did manage to snap a few afters and man, these pics do not do this truck justice.  When the owner pulled up he was speechless.  Honestly, i wasn't ready for him to leave because i wasn't done staring at it. 

DSC01301.jpg

DSC01302.jpg

DSC01303.jpg

DSC01304.jpg

DSC01305.jpg

DSC01306.jpg

Looks great!  

One of the main reasons for buying a white truck...  So I didn't have to kill myself cleaning it all the time.  lol  

I use QS on all my DD's though.  

• 3 years later...

Wow, nice thread bump...all the way from 2013.

As a side note, thread titles like this that are negative but have a positive review inside always make me worry. They can be misleading to other forum members and people searching from a search engine and ending up here...just something for everyone to consider when making a new thread :)

In no way am I saying you can't post a negative thread, I'm just saying if you are really happy with the product, misleading thread titles can cause confusion.

I'm curious to know if he stuck to his word and never detailed a large truck again, lol! I hope he got paid. This is why I charge more for trucks, SUV, and vans!

Bringing this thread back from the grave I see lol. He did give me money and he wouldn't take no of answer.  I have not had the opportunity to wax a 3/4 ton or larger but his wife wanted me to do her Fusion.. unfortunately I was not able since I relocated back to the east coast!

• 2 weeks later...

did a neighbors FX4, wasn't the super cab but it still sucked. His is raised too which make detailing it suck even more, it was almost impossible for me to do the window lol.  Don't think you could pay me enough to clay and correct one of these, no way Jose.

did a neighbors FX4, wasn't the super cab but it still sucked. His is raised too which make detailing it suck even more, it was almost impossible for me to do the window lol. Don't think you could pay me enough to clay and correct one of these, no way Jose.

Lifted trucks are the worst to work on, just try doing under hood work.