Customer Service 866.965.0400

Seriously Getting Sick of Soft Mazda Paint: Did the 6 for the Last Time.

THE Mook

I'm back again.

I had a few hours off so I thought instead of relaxing, I would go ahead and polish out the wife's car.  This paint is too soft for my liking in ownership, so I plan on having this thing gone by the end of the summer, whether she like it or not.  I really, really want this car gone.  There were water spots, sap stains, and a couple of swirl marks I didn't intentionally introduce...they just happened over time.  I take the utmost care and caution everytime I breath around this car, knowing how soft the paint is. 

I have to admit, because of that, I don't wash it as much as I should.  Although, she likes to park under trees, and with the limited free time I have, I don't want that to be my hobby ya know?

Here is what it did look like:

DSC_0002_zpscbf3e0b5.jpg

DSC_0003_zpsc5b538b1.jpg

DSC_0004_zps68dae8ff.jpg

DSC_0005_zps10b3e38b.jpg

Snuck in a TBSS shot before my tranny grenaded.

DSC_0006_zps0a4324a6.jpg

The car iteself had some marks mainly in the rear clip, but did need clay and some water staining from her Work Office complex's sprinklers, and tree's sapping or leaking or whatever.

The Products and Process:

·         Front Clip and Side Mirrors were pre-treated for bug carcass soaking with Adam's Waterless Wash.

·         Wheel Wells and Tires cleaned with Adam's All Purpose Cleaner and the Adam's 20" Fender Brush.

·         Wheels cleaned with Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner, Adam's Boulder Blonde Boar's Hair Wheel Brush, and Adam's Turbostick.

·         Engine Bay cleaned with Adam's All Purpose Cleaner, Adam's Wheel Woolies, and Adam's Boulder Blonde Boar's Hair Wheel Brush.

·         Two Bucket Wash with Grit Guards and Two Wash Pads from the Adam's Complete Two Bucket Wash Kit.

·         Vehicle was dried using Adam's Air Force Master Blaster and Adam's Great White Drying Towel.

·         Engine Bay, Tires and Trim were dressed with either Adam's SVRT or Adam's In and Out Spray.

·         Wheel Wells were dressed with Adam's Invisible Undercarriage Spray.

·         Vehicle was masked with Adam's Professional Detailer's Masking Tape.

·         Door Jambs were cleaned with Adam's Waterless Wash and Adam's Waterless Wash Towels.

·         Interior Glass cleaned with Adam's Glass Cleaner and Adam's Glass Cleaning Microfiber Towels.

·         Decontamination of paint was done using Adam's Detailing Claybar and Adam's Detail Spray as a lubricant.

·         Spots of paint were corrected (swirl marks and water spotting) with the Flex 3401VRG Polisher, , and Adam's Paint Correcting Polish.

·         The entirety of the paint was polished with the same polisher, Adam's 7" White Polishing Pad, and Adam's Paint Finishing Polish.

·         Glass was treated to Adam's Brilliant Glaze via the Adam's Americana Premium Wax and Glaze Applicator.

·         Paint was treated to Adam's Quick Sealant via Adam's Americana Premium Wax and Glaze Applicator.  Two coats applied to leading edges.

·         All Polish, Glaze, and Sealant residue removed with Adam's DoubleSoft Towels.

During Pictures go here.

DSC_0009_zpse13586a4.jpg

DSC_0010_zps9ca3d274.jpg

Even though it looked dirty, wasn't too bad.  After all I do care for it.  Never a bad time to play with the foam gun.

DSC_0011_zpsf8d0a634.jpg

DSC_0012_zps738867a1.jpg

Hard to capture in the light, though there were light marks in some spots.

DSC_0016_zps08806a59.jpg

DSC_0017_zps587c7b88.jpg

DSC_0018_zps16682d84.jpg

After bringing it inside, and taking one pass with each color, I got this.

DSC_0019_zps18e594f1.jpg

DSC_0020_zps4ab81a63.jpg

DSC_0021_zps59fc7a22.jpg

DSC_0023_zps223d9a18.jpg

DSC_0025_zps1e1f2c0d.jpg

I love me some SVRT.

DSC_0025_zps1e1f2c0d.jpg

DSC_0030_zps7f71cda3.jpg

I neglected the swirl marks on the trunk lip last time because I was so mad at how soft the paint was.   This time I got them.

DSC_0029_zps3a0ddc0b.jpg

Outside, the Kona Blue Mica was deep, clear, and popping.

DSC_0031_zpsc6019384.jpg

DSC_0032_zps8535c37f.jpg

HA!

DSC_0033_zps3d144d1b.jpg

DSC_0034_zps8d4acdc5.jpg

DSC_0036_zpsf88331c5.jpg

DSC_0037_zps9cc7295e.jpg

DSC_0038_zps40d1cdfc.jpg

DasvonKliestensauce.

DSC_0039_zpsa11b3d1a.jpg

My neighbors that usually never park in front of their own house.  It annoys the bejeezus outta me.

DSC_0040_zps4a8c7387.jpg

DSC_0041_zps3f5a3091.jpg

DSC_0042_zpsb5773a6e.jpg

All I have for this one!

Thank You yet Again!

Mook

Nice job Mook...looks like you smacked the hell out of that soft paint and told it who it's dada was :)

On a side note....who wants to make a stand for their foam gun!!!  I saw Mooks laying on it's side, and when I don't lay mine accross the wash buckets, mine is the same way.  We need a stand for these things!!  Maybe I'll enlist my sheet metal folks for a side project.....hmmmm.

Nice job Mook...looks like you smacked the hell out of that soft paint and told it who it's dada was :)

On a side note....who wants to make a stand for their foam gun!!!  I saw Mooks laying on it's side, and when I don't lay mine accross the wash buckets, mine is the same way.  We need a stand for these things!!  Maybe I'll enlist my sheet metal folks for a side project.....hmmmm.

Metals Tech would be a better option. Sheetmetal guys are always so busy.

My neighbors that usually never park in front of their own house.  It annoys the bejeezus outta me.

DSC_0040_zps4a8c7387.jpg

We've got the same neighbors! Man I absolutely hate when they do that.

Oh and the car? Stunning.

Edited by BRZN

Mazda's soft paint is one of the reasons I traded in my Mazda3 hatch in for my Jeep, now this Jeep's paint is hard a rock.  Don't blame you for your frustrations Mook, you breathing on Mazda paint causes swirls.

Car looks great. Not to Hijack the thread because maybe I should put this question somehwere else. How do you use a 7 inch pad on all the places that are much smaller then 7 inches. Like front bumper,trunk and the door pillar between windshield and the door?

Thank you for the kind words everyone.   I used the 7" pad along the trunk lip by keep the part not touching the surface "flat with the air".  I was super careful and fully aware that I could experience pad death at anytime...just a chance I was willing to take.

Mook