Customer Service 866.965.0400

Swirls and scratches interior center console

rimz808

Question

Hey guys,

Hoping someone could help me with this problem. As you can see from the pictures, the center wood console of my BMW contains light swirls and scratches. How would I go abouts to correct it? I tried hand polishing it using the swirl and haze remover and the revive polish, but was unable to get rid of it. The area is too small for me to use the hand drill pad, so by hand is probably the only way. I dont have the severe polish nor the new 2 step polish. What can i do with the products that i got?

In addition, i'm assuming that the reason i got these scratches and swirls to begin with was because I was using an over the counter microfiber cloth that I keep inside my car for when I want to wipe away dust, wiping dry. This was before I started to use Adam's products. To prevent more in the future, what's the best method and cloth to use? I now have a small 4oz bottle of TID that i keep in the car, but still using the same microfiber cloth. Is it best to use some other cloth? I do not have the utility cloth, but have the waterless cloth. Should I cut that up so it's smaller and i can keep in my car? Should I always apply the surface with the TID instead of wiping it dry? 

Any help or advise would be much appreciated.

Mahalo,

Ryan

gallery_9821_17_1323032.jpg

gallery_9821_17_2184073.jpg

12 answers to this question

If it were me, I would figure out how to remove the console and then I would use the drill with the 4" pads or I would try the microfiber pads. I have never tried to polish these plastics myself but I have seen pictures others have posted using this method with great success.

argh. hoping to not remove the panel. It's only 3 years old and im afraid if i do an oopsie, there goes my warranty. Any other suggestions?

removing/breaking a panel won't do anything to your warranty at all. You'd just have to buy a new panel yourself. 

Is it real burl or plastic finished? If you try too much you'll wear right through the paint. Had a similar problem on my road runner dash but it was painted. Bought a real wood walnut veneer piece and installed on dash, looked great, real wood. Was a kit for entire dash and matched simulated wood steering wheel.