Customer Service 866.965.0400

Storage of Microfiber towels, pads and applicators

puttingmyfootdown

Question

Hey all,

New to the forums and pretty new to detailing.  I'm looking for an organized way to store my microfiber towels as well as flex pads and wax/glaze applicators. Any suggestions on the best product or way to store all of these so they don't accumulate dust etc. Thank you!

18 answers to this question

If you are going to put towels and applicators inside a sealed container, you have to make sure they are 100% bone dry before doing so. That being said, I got a shallow rubbermaid-style tub from walmart for $4 to store all my in-use stuff, and tossed in a spare desiccant packet for good measure.

20130701_203612.jpg

If you are going to put towels and applicators inside a sealed container, you have to make sure they are 100% bone dry before doing so. That being said, I got a shallow rubbermaid-style tub from walmart for $4 to store all my in-use stuff, and tossed in a spare desiccant packet for good measure.

Plastic tote

x3.  I bought a set of plastic tubs/totes from Costco for mine.  They work great and there were enough to ensure separate storage for polishing/applicator pads, soft MF, utility/glass MF, and dirty MF (awaiting wash).

Clear tubs for microfiber and pads.  I keep the tops on loose, and crack the lid on the pads just in case.  I have multiple pad sets (previous generations) for both the flex and pc, so there are a few around(6 for each).  (I hate to end a detail session because I dropped a pad on the floor - I always have more than one clay bar around for the same reason). Since they live in the garage, nothing is out in the open where they could gather dust.

Nothing wrong with poking a couple breather holes in those containers either just to be safe!

I'm glad that you mentioned that, today I went out early in the morning to detail my wife's Mustang and when I opened up my ice cream tub for my pads, it was damp in there. I wash out my pads and leave them out in the sun for a few hours, even though they feel dry to the touch, they are not dry. I will definitely put some vent holes in the tub, which is stored in a cabinet.

Nothing wrong with poking a couple breather holes in those containers either just to be safe!

Ah the beauty of living in a bone dry climate! I dry mine for a day or two in the laundry room (cleaner than the garage!) and then seal them inside one of my many Sterilite containers. No holes, because spiders/bugs could get in there! (although we don't have many of those here either, hehe)

I have one plastic tote for single softs, one for double softs, one for all my GWT, ...you get the idea :)

Thank you all for the great responses! I thought I lost this thread so, SORRY for the lack of response to all the helpful hints. Really appreciate everyone weighing in on the subject and THIS is just another reason why I will continue to buy from Adams, the quality of the forums is fantastic. Glad I'm starting my business with these products in my bag.

-James