Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question

It started raining as i un reeled the hose so I lack before photos. We have had the car for over two months(2013 Yukon XL Denali) and it was quite dirty- it probably sat on the lot for a bit. I was, and still am, nervous using water under the hood so I realize I could have done a better clean especially under the engine. I washed under the hood itself and it was covered in a soundproofing material. A word to the wise, dont use water to wash this. lol. i spent a lot of time trying to dry it out!

I covered the alternator in a plastic bag. I should have also covered the foam liner of the air filter and probably should have done the same for the battery, but this was a learning experience. So i gently sprayed the bay down with water via a firehose sprayer(not the adams but good enough). I then sprayed All purpose cleaner everywhere that wasnt electrical in nature and scrubbed with the board hair brush (20"). I also used an edgless adams mf to wipe down most of the surfaces.I didnt use the lug nut brush but will next time. I then washed off the apc with a gentle rinse. I then read somewhere to turn the car on to help with the drying process. I ran it for five minutes or so then took it around the block. I then came back and let it run for at least 5-10 mins more. after I shut it down I used my blower to help dry out the soundproofing board and all the nooks and crannies, especially near the battery. once things were dry i used waterless wash with the blue waffle on all the painted surfaces under the hood. Then I pulled out the super vrt, applied with the block sponge and went to work. Everything that I couldnt get to, I used the In&out spray. I love that stuff but used at least half the can. (not sure if that is due to me being new or it just needing a lot). Once that was all done I still had some nooks on hoses such as, the air filter and steering column, so I used one of the adams foam swabs with a drop of vrt or two. I then went back to the waterless wash to touch up in the engine bay and around the interior. I also had to use the wash on the exterior. This is a massive engine area and there is no way to avoid leaning on her.

the job took roughly two hours give or take. that was impacted by periodically checking back on my newborn and her mother. ha. Im sure it will take less time in the future but I just kept finding areas that needed attention. my ocd makes things interesting. haha.

post-10627-0-12934900-1372822454_thumb.png

post-10627-0-16456300-1372822566_thumb.png

post-10627-0-39995500-1372822579_thumb.png

post-10627-0-98239300-1372822586_thumb.png

post-10627-0-55008000-1372822599_thumb.png

12 answers to this question

Looks great :)  Still have to get after mine...  So much rain here, not even worth it lately

granted it wasnt a downpour and it didnt last the whole time, but you could do this in the rain as long as it wasnt a storm or part of a named weather phenomenon. lol . i even had mine in the garage for a little bit, i had it idling but the door was open. you could always take it for a spin to dry it off then put in the garage to cool off for the dressing. good luck, nice lookin ride!

granted it wasnt a downpour and it didnt last the whole time, but you could do this in the rain as long as it wasnt a storm or part of a named weather phenomenon. lol . i even had mine in the garage for a little bit, i had it idling but the door was open. you could always take it for a spin to dry it off then put in the garage to cool off for the dressing. good luck, nice lookin ride!

Unfortunately my car lives outside full time in the summer, the garage is full of other stuff ;)