Customer Service 866.965.0400

Complete From the Studio: Shelby Mustang GT-H Hertz

THE Mook

Good Afternoon!

I am sorry I haven't been posting more write ups, I have been very busy and fighting a stomach bug at the same time.  Let's try and get caught up!  Here we have a Shelby Mustang Hertz Edition.  The owner came to me in preparation for The Rocky Mountain Mustang Round-Up, and needed an exterior detail.  This included paint decontamination, paint correction, metal polishing, engine bay clean and dress, etc.  

Here is what it looked like when it showed up...

DSC_0177_zpsca126615.jpg

The sky was a bit overcast, but I could see through the dirt that I would have my work cut out for me.

DSC_0178_zpsb7215be6.jpg

The wheels needed polished, the tires and wheel wells, cleaned and dressed.  Not to mention some rubber needing removed from the rear due to some good ole' racing the night before.

DSC_0179_zps9f17272b.jpg

The Exhaust Tips needed cleaned and polished.

DSC_0183_zps37f05882.jpg

As with pretty much any detail I've had come through lately, the wiper cowl was trashed.

DSC_0185_zpsa3a70a17.jpg

You will be able to see the swirl marks soon...

DSC_0187_zps0d8497c4.jpg

(Continued...)

The Products and Process:

·         Wheel Wells and Tires cleaned with Adam's All Purpose Cleaner and the Adam's 20" Fender Brush.

·         Wheels cleaned with Adam's Green Wheel Cleaner, Adam's Boulder Blonde Boar's Hair Wheel Brush, and Adam's Turbostick.  Also used was the Adam's Trim and Lug Brush, and Adam's Wheel Woolies.

·         Engine Bay cleaned with Adam's All Purpose Cleaner, Adam's Wheel Woolies, and Adam's Boulder Blonde Boar's Hair Wheel Brush.

·         Exhaust Tips cleaned with Adam's All Purpose Cleaner, .0000 Steel Wool (inside tip), Adam's Metal Polish Combo, Adam's Blue Hex Grip Applicator, and an old Adam's Single Soft Towel. (Done in two parts...before wash, and after wash was complete)

·         Two Bucket Wash with Grit Guards and Two Wash Pads from the Adam's Complete Two Bucket Wash Kit.

·         Vehicle was dried using Adam's Air Force Master Blaster and Adam's Great White Drying Towel.

·         Engine Bay, Tires and Trim were dressed with either Adam's SVRT or Adam's In and Out Spray.

·         Wheel Wells were dressed with Adam's Invisible Undercarriage Spray.

·         Vehicle was masked with Adam's Professional Detailer's Masking Tape.

·         Door Jambs were cleaned with Adam's Waterless Wash and Adam's Waterless Wash Towels.

·         Interior Glass cleaned with Adam's Glass Cleaner and Adam's Glass Cleaning Microfiber Towels.

·         Decontamination of paint was done using Adam's Detailing Claybar and Adam's Detail Spray as a lubricant.

·         Spots of paint were corrected (swirl marks and water spotting) with the Flex 3401VRG Polisher, Adam's 7" Orange Paint Correcting Pad, and Adam's Paint Correcting Polish.

·         The entirety of the paint was polished with the same polisher, Adam's 7" White Polishing Pad, and Adam's Paint Finishing Polish.

·         Paint, Glass, and Chrome pieces were treated to Adam's Brilliant Glaze via the Adam's 7" Red Glazing Pad or the Adam's Americana Premium Wax and Glaze Applicator.  Wheel Lips were polished with Adam's Metal Polish #2 and an Adam's Mini Americana Applicator.

·         Paint was treated to Adam's Americana Premium Carnauba Paste Wax.

·         All Polish, Glaze, and Wax residue removed with Adam's DoubleSoft Towels.

The new Adam's Trim and Lug Brush is really a great tool to have.  It came in really handy on these wheels.

IMG_5532_zps4ba47065.jpg

IMG_5533_zpsb2684f04.jpg

IMG_5534_zps04740670.jpg

Pretty cool seeing this so I had to take a picture.

IMG_5535_zpsb5443b8f.jpg

Tips came back great!

DSC_0190_zps98a83dac.jpg

I always take the time before I polish and clay to hit the things like the tips, and wheels and tires.

DSC_0192_zps7dbd2bcb.jpg

The lighting was playing games, but if you look here, you can see some of what I was going to battle against.

DSC_0196_zps2c308f4a.jpg

Hazing, Swirls, you name it...

DSC_0197_zps0f4b7883.jpg

DSC_0198_zps5a797c32.jpg

It took me some time to get through decontaminating this paint.  Between it not being clayed in forever, and all the tire bits on the back...I was sore!

IMG_5537_zpsbd4cef9f.jpg

Here's a snippet of a test patch...

IMG_5539_zpse9a9312a.jpg

Although I didn't use the Cyclo Polisher on this car, you can see it pretty well after just one pass of the Adam's Paint Correcting Polish in the reflection.

IMG_5540_zps9816975f.jpg

Taking my time on each panel to make sure this car was show ready, the paint wasn't fighting me too bad.

IMG_5542_zps77e42651.jpg

Another test patch of awesome.

IMG_5543_zps9d0c4b87.jpg

IMG_5545_zps3dababb8.jpg

I don't think I was even to polish yet...

IMG_5547_zps3d32469b.jpg

IMG_5550_zpsd6cd31f2.jpg

The day getting long and coming to an end, I parked it for the night, and applied Adam's Brilliant Glaze to the glass.  I LOVE it for glass!

IMG_5551_zps88729006.jpg

Really, this paint was looking strong!

IMG_5554_zps8eba6f1f.jpg

Let's fast forward 12-14 hours.  I showed up, finished polishing a couple areas I wasn't pleased with, then applied the Facemelter (BG and APW).  Out in the light, I was loving this!

DSC_0217_zps00d768a6.jpg

DSC_0218_zpsa0c657fe.jpg

DSC_0219_zps85719aa5.jpg

DSC_0220_zps19cbc3a7.jpg

DSC_0221_zps25c108e3.jpg

DSC_0222_zps18c65c84.jpg

DSC_0223_zps1eaea645.jpg

DSC_0223_zps1eaea645.jpg

It was Cowling me, (Oooh that was horrible) to get this dressed and pretty again.

DSC_0224_zpsb4d3b733.jpg

Adam's SVRT on those mirror caps!

DSC_0225_zps5f309223.jpg

vonKliested.

DSC_0226_zps1149f9ed.jpg

DSC_0227_zpse7c5d9eb.jpg

DSC_0228_zpse41fd816.jpg

Still learning this camera.  

DSC_0229_zpsa7e55df3.jpg

DSC_0230_zps27881351.jpg

DSC_0231_zps35341626.jpg

DSC_0232_zpsefee52df.jpg

DSC_0233_zps90289d72.jpg

DSC_0234_zps3a7c677d.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

Mook

Nice job!! Its cars like this where I wish adams had their own clay alternative. It does make life easier on cars thay will be getting fully corrected anyways. Good job as usual brotha.

Great looking paint. I'd like to spend the day sitting in a lawn chair with an icechest full of beverage's watching the transformation of some of these cars. Maybe learn a few things.

Looks great, how did the plexi quarter windows look? May of been hazed and full of those mini stress cracks and scratches. Know you could buff those and they'd look pretty good....

• 2 weeks later...

Mook,

Thanks again!  It worked!  I did end up getting a show award that weekend where all the late model Shelby's, including all the 500's, were grouped together.  There were 47 cars in my class and I received an award of excellence.  I have won a couple show awards since then.  It should never get that bad again.  It spent almost 6 months outside at a shop after I blew up the motor.  That much time outside certainly did some damage to the paint, but it's all happy now!