Customer Service 866.965.0400

Complete From the Studio: White 2014 SRT8 Grand Cherokee

THE Mook

Good Morning!

I had the pleasure of knocking this out a couple weeks back.  The customer came to me after he took delivery of his new SRT8 from a Local Jeep Dealer.  HE was not impressed with their "detail" so to speak, so upon good word of mouth, he found me.

The Jeep still had some adhesive from delivery, a few water spots and bugs here and there, however, the Flat Black Roof and Hood Stripes were pretty beat up.  Water stained and generally dirty, I was a little worried I would be able to get them out!

Here's what it looked like when it arrived:

DSC_0177_zps2f10a3af.jpg

The Wheels on these things get trashed as soon as you drive down the street.

DSC_0178_zpse2b5b806.jpg

Plenty of Bug Carcasses for me to remove.

DSC_0179_zps009217b3.jpg

DSC_0180_zps9ca6e840.jpg

Engine Bay wasn't horrible.  After that Range Rover, what it? :lol:

DSC_0181_zps33813b2c.jpg

DSC_0182_zps593bd255.jpg

The mirror caps were also vinyl wrapped, but those were coming off for paint.  Cool, I didn't need to spend too much time on them.

DSC_0183_zpsddd41637.jpg

A Trip to the Airport the day before in the rain got the White Paint nice and dirty for me.

DSC_0184_zpsb40e39b9.jpg

DSC_0185_zps1633aed8.jpg

DSC_0189_zps831d93e0.jpg

DSC_0190_zpsfd86b9b2.jpg

The Products and Process:  (This was an Exterior Only Detail, so I would be able to focus HARD on that paint!)

·         Wheel Wells and Tires cleaned with Adam's All Purpose Cleaner and the Adam's 20" Fender Brush.

·         Wheels cleaned with Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner, Adam's Boulder Blonde Boar's Hair Wheel Brush, and Adam's Turbostick.

·         Engine Bay cleaned with Adam's All Purpose Cleaner, Adam's Wheel Woolies, and Adam's Boulder Blonde Boar's Hair Wheel Brush.

·         Exhaust Tip cleaned with Adam's All Purpose Cleaner, .0000 Steel Wool (inside tip), Adam's Metal Polish Combo, Adam's Blue Hex Grip Applicator, and an old Adam's Single Soft Towel.  

·         Two Bucket Wash with Grit Guards and Two Wash Pads from the Adam's Complete Two Bucket Wash Kit.

·         Vehicle was dried using Adam's Air Force Master Blaster and Adam's Great White Drying Towel.

·         Engine Bay, Tires and Trim were dressed with either Adam's SVRT or Adam's In and Out Spray.

·         Wheel Wells were dressed with Adam's Invisible Undercarriage Spray.

·         Vehicle was masked with Adam's Professional Detailer's Masking Tape.

·         Door Jambs were cleaned with Adam's Waterless Wash and Adam's Waterless Wash Towels.

·         Interior Glass cleaned with Adam's Glass Cleaner and Adam's Glass Cleaning Microfiber Towels.

·         Decontamination of paint and glass was done using Adam's Detailing Claybar and Adam's Detail Spray as a lubricant.  I also used Adam's Detailing Clay to remove the factory adhesive that was left behind from the first "detailer".

·         Vinyl pieces over paint were cleaned with my own mixture of Adam's APC and Adam's WW in a 16oz. bottle, and an Adam's WW Towel.

·         Vinyl pieces after being cleaned were treated with Adam's Revive Hand Car Polish and the Adam's Blue Hex Grip Applicator.  

·         Exterior Glass then sealed with Adam's Glass Sealant, Adam's Microfiber Applicator Pads and Adam's Glass Cleaning Microfiber Towels.

·         Spots of paint were corrected (swirl marks and water spotting) with the Flex 3401VRG Polisher, Adam's 7" Orange Paint Correcting Pad, and Adam's Paint Correcting Polish.

·         The entirety of the paint was polished with the same polisher, Adam's 7" White Polishing Pad, and Adam's Paint Finishing Polish.

·         Paint and Vinyl Stripes were treated to Adam's Quick Sealant via the Adam's Americana Hex Grip Applicator.

·         All Polish and Sealant residue removed with Adam's DoubleSoft Towels.

Here are some "During the Process" shots.

I pre-treated the Bug Guts with Adam's APC.  Normally I would have done that with Adam's WW, however, these suckers were abnormally large, and I knew from previous conversations, that this paint had no sealant on it.  Therefore the WW trick wouldn't work quite as well.

photo1_zpsb6d8d79c.jpg

Not entirely sure what the "Detailer" before me used, but it was chock full of silicone-y funk.

photo2_zps5a00f08e.jpg

After having detailed Adam's new SRT8, I KNEW exactly what these wheels needed!

photo3_zps600320d3.jpg

photo4_zps991fe758.jpg

Poor wheels.  They are always bloody when I am done with them.

photo12_zpscc4e8392.jpg

photo22_zpsa08ebbaf.jpg

Gave that "corner" another rinse and moved on.

photo32_zpsad35c903.jpg

After pulling it in and drying it off, I placed some shop towels like you find at Home Depot on either side of the tires to catch the Adam's Invisible Undercarriage Spray drippings.

photo13_zps21f35eea.jpg

I went ahead at this time and chose to touch up the engine for anything I may have missed during the wash.  Then dressed it with Adam's In and Out Spray.

photo23_zpse1672211.jpg

The previous "Detailer" used some sort of wheel sealant or wax before it got to me, and Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner and it, well, didn't play nice together.  I ended up taking the Cordless Drill and the Adam's 4" Focus Kit with Adam's Paint Correcting Polish to the wheels, to bring them back to how they should look.

photo33_zpsecef443b.jpg

I really dig these wheels.

photo43_zps84c5f5eb.jpg

Time for the night to be over, so I stowed the Jeep, taped it off a bit, and went home.

photo14_zps1454ce8c.jpg

This paint is like butter to work with.  I knew that really I could get stellar results with our new Polish Duo, so that wasn't giving me anxiety.  The stripes however, were.  From a brief conversation and some quick on my feet thinking at the recent Dealer Invitational, Forum Member DiPolley was out and had some questions regarding how to deep clean his vinyl wrapped hood, I was able to fire up a little cocktail of APC/WW to attempt to get some deep staining out.  My thinking was I needed something more aggressive than Car Shampoo, not totally as acidic as APC, but still need some lubrication so that I didn't potentially damage the Vinyl itself.

Here's what I got after some cleaning.  I apologize, to this point, I am not sure if other than that one picture, I don't know if I was able to capture any close ups of the before of these.

photo24_zps2cef31bf.jpg

I was really pleased with what Adam's Quick Sealant did to the vinyl.  It really made it look like new, but way better.

Here is the Jeep Outside, after I completed the entire thing.

photo34_zpse1417b36.jpg

Good Lord that's hot.

photo44_zps0a5782fb.jpg

DSC_0191_zpsfcda4d11.jpg

DSC_0192_zps52f2509e.jpg

The White was giving a lot of glowing reflections!

DSC_0193_zpsa858a8ef.jpg

DSC_0194_zpsc153f518.jpg

DSC_0195_zps4be4b85d.jpg

DSC_0196_zpse8c63ebd.jpg

DSC_0197_zpsdefbde89.jpg

DSC_0198_zps394977c6.jpg

Still though, Orange Peel City.

DSC_0199_zps160d8f11.jpg

BLAM!  Look at that Vinyl!

DSC_0200_zpsb9cfca0f.jpg

DSC_0201_zpsb039fb57.jpg

That engine came back like you knew it would.

DSC_0202_zps636fe850.jpg

DSC_0203_zps0ab6cae2.jpg

Thanks for stopping in!

Mook

Edited by Mook@Adams