Customer Service 866.965.0400

Can't clean undercarriage even after 4 washes

rimz808

Question

Hey guys, as you can see from the picture, i cannot seem to fully clean the undercarriage even after I have washed it car using APC and the undercarriage brush. I have washed this car at least 4 times now, and every time it dries, I still see heavy dirt marks, as though brushing and cleaning had any little or no effect on it. 

Am i doing something wrong? Do i need to do multiple wash to get this off? I'm trying not to waste/use up too much APC. Maybe the APC isn't strong enough? I do have it set on foaming. Any other products I could use to clean this off at one wash?

Any advise or help is greatly appreciated.

Mahalo,

Ryan

gallery_9821_17_360435.jpg

8 answers to this question

If I don't know what the staining is then I use a focus approach. What I mean is I will focus on one spot with a small brush to see if it comes out with heavy pressure with the same product you're using (APC). Use their Lug Nut brush for this.

If that doesn't work, then I try to figure out what the staining is.....then find a product that combats it.

Don't be stingy on the APC. You need it to clean. I agree try to see if you can get one area perfect with a toothbrush and then you will know what's possible to do. 

Try a stiffer brush like a toilet brush (just on the undercarriage, nowhere near the wheels!) because the stiffness gives it some bite. It works great when something like a boar's hair brush is too soft to clean.

Mato is on to something... you might need more power from the water. 

After having been to Hawaii a few times you guys have some pretty icky mud there with all that volcanic clay. It sticks to everything and is next to impossible to rinse off. A pressure washer would likely do a great job of cutting thru what I see in that picture. 

If you don't have one I'm sure there is a local coin op wash place that you can use to blast them out.