Customer Service 866.965.0400

Good Afternoon!

This client was referred to me by a long time customer, and was in need of a detail upon recent delivery of his new to him M3.  It looked like the place he got it from didn't offer a detailing service, or even wash the car for that matter for him.  Fine by me!  This car is Black, mean looking, has a great stance, but it really needed my attention.  I would be doing an exterior only on this one, including the tips and engine bay.  Paint decontamination, paint correction, good wheel cleaning, a really good bath...all these things were yet to come.  I knew I could turn this car around and have the owner super stoked about his new ride!

Check out what it looked like when it showed up:

DSC_0367_zps18444810.jpg

It was more obvious in person, but one could see the swirls through all the dirt.

DSC_0368_zpsebf0afb1.jpg

The Engine Bay would be getting better very soon.

DSC_0369_zps6f6921a6.jpg

DSC_0370_zps27c938a8.jpg

The front clip didn't have too many bugs for me to remove.

DSC_0371_zps65a58ace.jpg

The Wheels and Tires were in pretty bad shape.

DSC_0372_zps7ecb2610.jpg

DSC_0373_zpsb66411b9.jpg

DSC_0376_zps29f2465f.jpg

I thought after a good cleaning that Adam's In and Out Spray would remedy the inner plastics here.

DSC_0374_zps01ee6bb3.jpg

Exhaust tips a many, and they all needed help.

DSC_0377_zps0023453d.jpg

DSC_0378_zps7a32ab06.jpg

The Carbon Fiber roof had some water etching on it, and was overall a bit hazed up.

DSC_0378_zps7a32ab06.jpg

Continued...

How I Took Care of The Wheels, Tires, and Wheel Wells:

• Wheels were cleaned using Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner, Adam's Wheel Woolies, Adam's Turbostick, Adam's Boulder Blonde Boar's Hair Wheel Brush, and Adam's Trim and Lug Nut Brush.
  •  
  • Tires were rinsed well in water using a Made in the USA hose and the Adam's Firehose Nozzle/Shut Off Valve Combo.
  • Tires were soaked in Adam's All Purpose Cleaner, then scrubbed using the Adam's Fender Brush.  With the small sidewall, I didn't want to risk scratching the wheels with a more aggressive tire brush.
  •  
  • Wheel Wells were rinsed like the tires, and also soaked in Adam's All Purpose Cleaner, then it got tricky.  I found that I had almost no room to get in there, so the Turbostick by hand and some elbow grease got these clean.
  •  
  • Wheels were polished with Adam's Revive Hand Polish and the Adam's Blue Hex Grip Applicator.  
  • Wheels were protected with Adam's Quick Sealant via the Adam's Yellow Hex Grip Applicator.  (Same foam cut as the American Hex, but I prefer the stiffer handle.)
  • Adam's Revive Hand Polish and Adam's Quick Sealant residue removed with Adam's Metal Polish Towels.
  •  
  • Tires were dressed with two coats of Adam's SVRT Dressing using the Adam's Block Sponge.
  •  
  • Wheel Wells were dressed very carefully with Adam's Invisible Undercarriage Spray.

The Areas in Question Before:

DSC_0372_zps7ecb2610.jpg

DSC_0373_zpsb66411b9.jpg

DSC_0376_zps29f2465f.jpg

A Few Action Shots:

My Favorite Wheel and Tire Cleaning Combo Standing Proud.

photo1_zpse18509f3.jpg

I Found The Large Wheel Woolie to be the Answer Inside The Wheel Spokes and Sunken Lips.

photo2_zps15d72f9d.jpg

How They Turned Out:

DSC_0394_zpse59fb4a3.jpg

DSC_0400_zps31988425.jpg

DSC_0384_zpsb5934137.jpg

How I Took Care of The Engine Bay and Exhaust Tips:

• Engine and underside of hood were rinsed with a lot of water using the same setup for the Tires.
  • Engine was soaked in Adam's All Purpose Cleaner.
  • Engine was scrubbed with the Adam's Boulder Blonde Boar's Hair Wheel Brush, the Adam's Wheel Woolies, and Adam's Trim and Lug Nut Brush.
  • Engine (after being dried off), was dressed with a combination of Adam's SVRT Dressing and Adam's In and Out Spray Dressing.
  •  
  • Exhaust Tips were pre-soaked in Adam's APC.
  • Exhaust Tips were decontaminated with Adam's Detailing Clay and Adam's Metal Polish #1.
  • The inside lips were scrubbed with .0000 Steel Wool and Adam's Metal Polish #1.
  • Exhaust Tips polished with Adam's Metal Polish #1 and Adam's Metal Polish #2 using the Adam's Microfiber Applicator Pads.
  • Polish Residue removed with Adam's Metal Polish Towels. 

The Engine Bay How It Was:

DSC_0369_zps6f6921a6.jpg

The Engine Bay While The In and Out Was Still Tripping My Camera Up:

photo3_zps183f5062.jpg

The Engine Bay Complete and Outside:

photo25_zps1f0173a6.jpg

The Tips Before:

DSC_0377_zps0023453d.jpg

DSC_0378_zps7a32ab06.jpg

How They Turned Out:

DSC_0384_zpsb5934137.jpg

1e2eb549-b268-45cb-be70-d795b0c19d64_zps

Edited by Mook@Adams

Getting That Paint Back to Clean, Polished, and Protected.

• Paint was washed with a Made in the USA hose, the Adam's Firehose Nozzle/Shut Off Valve Combo, Adam's Jumbo Washpad, Adam's Professional Washpad, Adam's Car Shampoo...components all from the Adam's Complete Two Bucket Wash System.
  • Paint was dried with Adam's Great White Drying Towel and Adam's AirForce Master Blaster.
  • Door Jambs were cleaned with Adam's Waterless Wash and Adam's WW Towels.
  • Trim and Plastics were decontaminated with Adam's All Purpose Cleaner and Adam's Edgeless Utility Towels.
  • Paint and Glass was decontaminated with Adam's Detailing Clay and Adam's Detail Spray as a lubricant.
  • Panels and gaps were masked using Adam's Professional Detailer's Tape.
  • Paint had the swirl marks, water etching, light scratches, and other random marks corrected with the Flex 3401VRG Polisher, Adam's Paint Correcting Polish, and Adam's 7" Microfiber Cutting Pad.
  • Paint was polished with the same polisher, Adam's Paint Finishing Polish, and Adam's 7" White Foam Finishing Pad.
  • Paint was sealed with Adam's Quick Sealant and a Different Adam's Yellow Hex Grip Applicator.
  • Glass was treated with Adam's Brilliant Glaze with the Adam's Americana Hex Grip Applicator.
  • All Polish, Glaze, and Sealant residue removed with Adam's Double Soft Towels.

A Reminder of What It Looked Like:

DSC_0367_zps18444810.jpg

DSC_0368_zpsebf0afb1.jpg

DSC_0379_zpsb4df7937.jpg

Some Things Appeared After the Wash:

DSC_0380_zpsee050ec3.jpg

DSC_0381_zps537470da.jpg

DSC_0382_zps9061f388.jpg

Onto a Little Testing...BUT First..NO, an Alligator Didn't Try to Steal My Hand.  

Rather the handle of the Flex somehow lifted then punctured me pretty good.  

photo4_zpsacfeb5d8.jpg

Even The Badges Were Hazed Up:

photo22_zps6a942f3a.jpg

One Pass Each of the New Adam's Paint Polishing Duo Got This:

photo32_zps2e72ee03.jpg

photo13_zps5d29d956.jpg

photo33_zps479c36db.jpgphoto14_zpsd7f9d100.jpg

I would then finish getting the Paint where I wanted it, then seal it up, take it outside, and take some pictures!

I've always liked the 3 series body style, but a black one that's had the Mook touch, that's love right there.

That black is just dripping wet.

The cabon fiber roof panel, is it clear coated as well, so you treat it as any other painted surface?

Had to be a happy owner when they picked up the ride from you. Thanks for all the pix showing what can be done with skilled hands. I hope my Flex doesn't bite me now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...