Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello Again!

I had this client contact me a while back to get this car back to swirl free and mean looking again.  This is a Mercedes Benz SL63 AMG.  Black on black on black on black on....you get my point.  Upon initial inspection, I could tell that I would have my work cut out for me.  Like so many of the cars I have been seeing lately, lots of swirls, some water etching, and a general good cleaning, this car was all in need of.

The Products and Process:

·         Wheel Wells and Tires cleaned with Adam's All Purpose Cleaner and the Adam's 20" Fender Brush.
·         Wheels cleaned with Adam's Green Wheel Cleaner, Adam's Boulder Blonde Boar's Hair Wheel BrushAdam's Wheel Woolies and Adam's Turbostick.
·         Engine Bay cleaned with Adam's All Purpose Cleaner, Adam's Wheel Woolies, and Adam's Boulder Blonde Boar's Hair Wheel Brush.
·         Two Bucket Wash with Grit Guards and Two Wash Pads from the Adam's Complete Two Bucket Wash Kit.
·         Vehicle was dried using Adam's Air Force Master Blaster and Adam's Great White Drying Towel.
·         Engine Bay, Tires and Trim were first decontaminated with Adam's APC and Adam's Edgeless Utility Towels.  Then dressed with either Adam's SVRT or Adam's In and Out Spray.
·         Wheel Wells were dressed with Adam's Invisible Undercarriage Spray.
·         Vehicle was masked with Adam's Professional Detailer's Masking Tape.
·         Door Jambs were cleaned with Adam's Waterless Wash and Adam's Waterless Wash Towels.
·         Interior and Exterior Glass cleaned with Adam's Glass Cleaner and Adam's Glass Cleaning Microfiber Towels.
·         Decontamination of paint and glass was done using Adam's Detailing Claybar and Adam's Detail Spray as a lubricant.
·          Paint was corrected (holograms, swirl marks and water spotting) with the Flex 3401VRG Polisher, Adam's 7" Orange Microfiber Paint Cutting Pad, and Adam's Paint Correcting Polish.
·         The entirety of the paint was polished with the same polisher, Adam's 7" White Foam Paint Finishing Pad, and Adam's Paint Finishing Polish.
·          Paint and Glass Pieces were treated to Adam's Brilliant Glaze via the Adam's 7" Red Glazing Pad or the Adam's Americana Premium Wax and Glaze Applicator
·         Paint was treated to Adam's Americana Paste Wax.
·         All Polish, Glaze, and Wax residue removed with Adam's DoubleSoft Towels.

Edited by Mook@Adams

Here is what it looked like on arrival:

DSC_0416_zpsbbf4beab.jpg

DSC_0423_zps2f18725f.jpg

DSC_0425_zps3a34a0e3.jpg

DSC_0426_zpsa45cd9a5.jpg

Take a look at the hand built motor...

DSC_0407_zps6c2e4c5b.jpg

DSC_0408_zps96c8a9d9.jpg

DSC_0410_zpsab24c3ba.jpg

The Exhaust Tips needed restored.

DSC_0411_zpscc2975d8.jpg

DSC_0413_zps919f9f0d.jpg

The car had minimal bug guts to remove.  This one splattered pretty good.

DSC_0415_zps10763826.jpg

Even though it was dirty, look how the marks were apparent.

DSC_0417_zpsb95cbc95.jpg

DSC_0418_zps0149dd31.jpg

DSC_0424_zpsd6f4cb68.jpg

DSC_0429_zps04282bc4.jpg

DSC_0430_zps1e15b83d.jpg

Another faded cowl.

DSC_0421_zpsa9b78117.jpg

The Wheels and Tires weren't too bad.  Being Black, of course they looked faded and dirty.

DSC_0427_zps4852808e.jpg.

DSC_0428_zpsdd3630d3.jpg

Action Shots...

Adam's APC was of course the answer to get the Tires and Wheel Wells cleaned and ready for dressing.

photo1_zps9a9a49bb.jpg

photo2_zpsab29c97a.jpg

photo3_zpsa9d8aed6.jpg

Adam's Green Wheel Cleaner was used because the wheels weren't super dirty.  No sense in throwing a cannon at an ant hill.

photo4_zps627958c0.jpg

photo12_zpsd3759c79.jpg

photo22_zps56e85829.jpg

photo32_zpsb6255386.jpg

The Boulder Blonde Boar's Hair Brush and Trim and Lug Brush were both very effective at dirt removal.

photo42_zpsd5687c8f.jpg

photo13_zpsdd901f6b.jpg

photo23_zps49c3182b.jpg

The Engine seemed to sigh in comfort upon the bath I gave it.

photo33_zpsd6a7deae.jpg

Yes, the paint was filthy upon clay inspection.

photo43_zps692d7d9d.jpg

Doing some testing, getting artsy.

photo14_zps8c963a0b.jpg

photo24_zpseeb255f9.jpg

I would say that one pass each of the new Duo was the Correct Answer.

photo34_zps78a35a90.jpg

photo25_zpsc2e35b9a.jpg

photo45_zps823c7f7c.jpg

Hey Mook, take a look at the links in the first page in the Dark theme. Nearly blinded my eyes lmao :D Just a heads up about possibly changing the color. 

That was some awesome correction btw! Black deserves to be swirl free :)

what?  no burnout shots?  you know you wanted to take that bad boy for a spin!

looks great as always

quick question, I thought all SL's were coupes or do they come in sedans now?

This is a C!  I had the wrong title, then changed it!  Thanks!  This I would drive for sure!

Roshan thanks for the comments!  I will look now!

Mook

those are nice little cars.  my buddy had a black regular c63 that i did a while ago.  great job mook!  that PCP looks like it slapped that hard german CC in the face & showed it who its daddy was.

Edited by billabongbum

At first I was like PPFFFFFTTTTT it's a sedan....No Thanks. But then I saw the sexyness under that hood. And that murdered out shine....OHHHHH YEAH!

Those results shots just proves once again how amazing your work is my man. Can't wait for the next write up.

Edited by JBlack151