Customer Service 866.965.0400

Do you have a detailing related question?  Are you looking for technical advice?  Do you have a question about an Adam's Premium Car Care Product, or how to use it?   Looking for a Recommended Detailer in your area if you aren't in Colorado?  Looking to get an Estimate to have Your Vehicle Detailed at The Adam's Detailing Studio?

THAT'S GREAT!  You are in the right place!  I will do my best to respond in a very timely manner!

Thank You,

Mook@Adams

Edited by Mook@Adams

My Flex turns into a wild animal on roofs. I know it requires a fair amount of pressure to keep it under control, but for whatever reason, I just can't seem to keep it from becoming a unwieldy beast once I have to extend my arms out to do roofs properly and have switched back to the PC recently while polishing the roof on the '55. Short of getting a platform of some sort so I can "get over the top of it" better, is there a technique you all use to keep the Flex reined in once you have to do high, flat areas such as roofs or truck hoods? Thanks in advance!

My Flex turns into a wild animal on roofs. I know it requires a fair amount of pressure to keep it under control, but for whatever reason, I just can't seem to keep it from becoming a unwieldy beast once I have to extend my arms out to do roofs properly and have switched back to the PC recently while polishing the roof on the '55. Short of getting a platform of some sort so I can "get over the top of it" better, is there a technique you all use to keep the Flex reined in once you have to do high, flat areas such as roofs or truck hoods? Thanks in advance!

Good Morning Randy, that's a great question.

You know I am not the tallest person in the world, so even some hoods this becomes a challenge for me.  I have found that if I am not grabbing a stoop to stand on, I almost grip it like a baseball bat, and try to "wrist" the pressure down to the head.  It has worked for me so far.  Next time I am in that position, I will take a picture!

Mook

Thanks for the speedy response, Chris!

I'm not very tall either and this first time it got real sketch for me. The two other vehicles I have done with the Flex I experienced it, but not nearly as bad as on the Chevy this go around.

I have to try your technique in future details for sure.

Additionally, I think this thread is a great idea. I definitely didn't want to start a thread just to ask that question.

*Edit*. I felt I should add that I do use step stools and the only time I have experienced the Flex getting squirrelly is with the white pad.

Edited by randyfox

Thanks for the speedy response, Chris!

I'm not very tall either and this first time it got real sketch for me. The two other vehicles I have done with the Flex I experienced it, but not nearly as bad as on the Chevy this go around.

I have to try your technique in future details for sure.

Additionally, I think this thread is a great idea. I definitely didn't want to start a thread just to ask that question.

What's your balance like if you pop the door and stand on the sill?  I realize it's not a ton of height added, but 12" upward for you and me can add like two feet of reach!

Mook, in most if not all details you post, you list that you used the Flex with 7" pads.  I don't see any PC or Cyclo with the 4" pads for the smaller areas.   Are you able to do the smaller areas around the bumpers and pillars with the Flex?  

Hello Jory!

It appears in the picture that the air filter is protected. If it isn't and I am seeing things, use something like a plastic grocery bag and tie it off. From there, adjust your nozzle setting to fan or a little heavier, rinse it, but don't drown it, give it an APC bath, scrub away, and rinse. Feel free to dress if with Adam's SVRT or Adam's In and Out Spray!

Thanks for the question!

Mook

This past weekend I did engine bay, the wheels, then 2-bucket wash (dry w/detail spray). A couple of questions:

1. I wasn't able to run the engine until after the wash, so I ended up with water spotting on the engine cover.  The video doesn't address order-of-operation... Confirming it would be bad to have the car running during the wash so that the engine can dry?

2. I'm using off-brand fluffy micros to dry the wheels after the car wash (works well), so that I can us Quick Sealant on the wheels.  What do people use to dry the tires prior to S-VRT? Old beach towels?  :blink:

This past weekend I did engine bay, the wheels, then 2-bucket wash (dry w/detail spray). A couple of questions:

1. I wasn't able to run the engine until after the wash, so I ended up with water spotting on the engine cover.  The video doesn't address order-of-operation... Confirming it would be bad to have the car running during the wash so that the engine can dry?

2. I'm using off-brand fluffy micros to dry the wheels after the car wash (works well), so that I can us Quick Sealant on the wheels.  What do people use to dry the tires prior to S-VRT? Old beach towels?  :blink:

Good Morning and Thank you for writing in!

1.  Water spots on the engine cover...Try some APC and Utility Towel to remove them.  You can always blow dry your engine out before you start the wash process.

2.  I usually blow dry my tires or if I have to, use a Utility Towel I don't really care about anymore!

Mook, in most if not all details you post, you list that you used the Flex with 7" pads.  I don't see any PC or Cyclo with the 4" pads for the smaller areas.   Are you able to do the smaller areas around the bumpers and pillars with the Flex?  

Mook, I think you missed my question here, so I'm bumping it up.

Sorry I missed your question! I seem to forget, promise to do a better job, of mentioning in fact I do use the Cyclo for the tight or smaller areas. It's pretty awesome at this and more than capable. Definitely an upgrade from the PC I used to use for such things.

Mook,

For polishing a side mirror (the actual mirror) what would be the best way to go about this? Since I have had my truck it has scratches from i don't know what all over the actual mirror. Should I try revive? PCP? PFP? I'm not sure if I can actual capture the scratches in a picture but I can try if you would like.

Mook,

For polishing a side mirror (the actual mirror) what would be the best way to go about this? Since I have had my truck it has scratches from i don't know what all over the actual mirror. Should I try revive? PCP? PFP? I'm not sure if I can actual capture the scratches in a picture but I can try if you would like.

Morning!

Try Revive on a Blue Hex Grip and see where that gets you.  If not much, add a little PCP on the Blue Hex Grip.  If still needing more, jump to the Orange Hex Grip with PCP.

Thanks!

Mook

Thanks, Mook!

I have been meaning to ask the forum for some time now and then you created this thread so I figured it was a perfect spot to put it.

I'll try out what you suggested and report back. Probably wont be till tomorrow, it's a gross day in Indiana today. Lol.

How do you work around clear bras? Do you mask them off and leave them alone? I'm a quick sealant user and I'm curious if I'm going to run into trouble if I try to use sealant on the bra. Thanks in advance! 

How do you work around clear bras? Do you mask them off and leave them alone? I'm a quick sealant user and I'm curious if I'm going to run into trouble if I try to use sealant on the bra. Thanks in advance! 

Hello!

Mask off the line between the clear bra and the paint.  You can clay, polish, seal/wax just like paint.  I wouldn't get more aggressive than Adam's Finishing Polish if you are using a machine.

Thanks!

Thanks, Mook!

I have been meaning to ask the forum for some time now and then you created this thread so I figured it was a perfect spot to put it.

I'll try out what you suggested and report back. Probably wont be till tomorrow, it's a gross day in Indiana today. Lol.

I get to *enjoy* the humidity tomorrow!  (More than that...STEAK AND SHAKE!  WooHoo!)

Quick question here... When doing light colour interiors do you guys use steamers or any carpet extractors machines in the studio? To get things perfectly looking new again? I've been debating on adding them to my arsenal. Also I can see myself using them in the house too.. Figured I'd ask.. Thx.