Customer Service 866.965.0400

When using the 4" focus pads on a drill, what is the optimum RPM range we should look for to help reduce the likelihood of damage?

Sorry for the delayed response as I'm working in Carlisle this week for the show. I always keep my drill up pretty high...around 20 on a DeWalt. I make sure, just like you would with a larger rotary machine, to keep moving always, and continually touch the surface with my hand to check heat. A good rule of thumb when you have the 4" Focus kit out:

Find three or more spots you would like to fix, and rotate between them. This will allow the surface to cool enough so that when you come back to the first area, you're panel heat shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks!

This thread already has a great wealth of tips and info. My question is on my 08 silverado I always have trouble cleaning in and around the emblem letters on the doors. I have tried using the trim brush lightly and the new swabs during my wash but there always seems to be dust or spots left close to the letters. Any tips or tools to get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

This thread already has a great wealth of tips and info. My question is on my 08 silverado I always have trouble cleaning in and around the emblem letters on the doors. I have tried using the trim brush lightly and the new swabs during my wash but there always seems to be dust or spots left close to the letters. Any tips or tools to get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I use the same method around badging. Patience is key here. Sometimes I tuck a swab into a single soft towel, to kind of assist me if you will.

Thanks!

Soft toothbrush and detail spray or waterless wash works great, too.  I use that method to get any wayward wax out of the cracks.