Customer Service 866.965.0400

NEW! Adam's Made in the USA Detailing Clay - its finally here!

Team Adam's

Question

Its finally here! After 7+ long years being a slave to the patent law on clay bars in the USA we are finally able to offer our own, 100% American made, premium detailing clay! 

This new bar is super soft, super sticky, and best of all.... LESS EXPENSIVE THAN OUR PREVIOUS BAR! Grab yours today in solo packages or in the popular Detail Spray / Clay Combo:

post-1228-0-77763200-1379103731_thumb.jpg

NEW! Adam's Made in the USA Detailing Clay Bar - $19.95 before forum discount

NEW! Adam's Made in the USA Detail Clay Combo - $29.95 before forum discount

You'll absolutely love working with this new, softer, more pliable clay. For years we've talked about the amazing clay bars that were available in other parts of the world, but here in the US our hands were tied on what we could sell, where we could source it from, and what compounds we could provide our customers. 

This new, ultra fine bar stays soft, pliable, and sticky even in the coldest or wettest conditions. We've all been there... you're claying a car on a cool morning or the water from washing is still cold. Our previous generation clay would get brittle, stiff, and hard to work with. This new bar will always stay soft and easy to fold, stretch, and mold to the contours of your car. 

Ultra fine for delicate work, but still effective on tough contamination. Our new bar is the finest grade compound available today, but still capable of taking on all your decontamination projects. This bar removes overspray and bonded contamination with ease, but never introduces a bit of marring or damage unlike harder bars or "clay alternatives" found on the market today. 

Easy to see contamination on the new, lighter color. We worked extra hard on coming up with a fine clay compound that was as close to white as possible, allowing you to see the contamination pulled into the bar and decide to rotate it accordingly. its a simple thing that makes detailing easier... colored bars often times hide contamination you never truly know when your bar is dirty... our clay shows you, clearly when its time to rotate or replace your bar. 

Two 100 gram bars, wrapped separately. Sometimes tearing a bigger bar into smaller parts isn't easy, or at the very least a stretchy, sticky mess. We recognized that and took this chance to give you 2 separate bars. Rip each one in half to give yourself 4 useable parts, or use each 100 gram bar out of the package, your call! 

Custom Made in the USA! These bars, including the cellophane they're wrapped in, the box they ship in, and the label applied to it, are all made right here in the USA to our specifications. This new clay compound was developed entirely in house at Adam's Premium Car Care over the past 9 months and tested extensively by our entire team to make sure we were bringing the best possible clay to market. 

*Note - Effective today 9/13/13 all kits that include clay will include the new version unless otherwise specified. 

Edited by Dylan@Adams

I'm placing the order for the Detail Spray/new clay momentarily. That way I can try the two new products at once. ( I still have old formula Detail Spray left in the gallon jug, so it is new to me.)

Just curious: By sticky do you mean sticky like the yellow stuff made by the Washington state guy or Mom's that I absolutely hate?

Just curious: By sticky do you mean sticky like the yellow stuff made by the Washington state guy or Mom's that I absolutely hate?

I wondered this too, since I had some of (what sounds like) the same yellow stuff years ago.  I found it to be too sticky, requiring me to keep my hand lubed with DS to minimize (but not eliminate) it sticking to my fingers.  I still ended up scraping the stuff off my hands for some time after finishing the car.

So if the New Clay is considered Fine Grade what is the old clay?  Medium Grade? If so, isn't medium grade, by definition, more aggressive in removing contamination than fine grade? Meaning, removing contamination is easier. Just kinda confused because it's been implied that both clays have the same ability and that the main difference is user friendliness. 

They are/were both fine grade. The new bar decontaminated as well or better than the previous in our testing, but with less risk of marring than the old bar.

^^^^THIS^^^^ is the reason I was getting my clay from the UK.  The G8 has a SUPER SOFT clear coat and the previous Adams clay would mar it.  The stuff from the UK is a much finer grade of fine grade clay.  I'm guessing much like the new Adams clay.  

I'll buy Adams now!  Made in USA YEAH! 

^^^^THIS^^^^ is the reason I was getting my clay from the UK.  The G8 has a SUPER SOFT clear coat and the previous Adams clay would mar it.  The stuff from the UK is a much finer grade of fine grade clay.  I'm guessing much like the new Adams clay.  

I'll buy Adams now!  Made in USA YEAH! 

I think its generally difficult for anyone who hasn't used the bars from europe before to understand what amazing variety there is in clay formulation after we've had access to only a few compounds here in the states for so long. 

When you feel the difference of these bars or the premium bars from the euro market you'll be amazed. We offered about the best bar we could given the rules, but this bar just is so much nicer to work with than the previous. 

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Got mine today, it was a small pain to take out of the box but its very soft and sticky. I like it, it's easier to use than the old one.

The stuff from the UK came in the same type of package.  I stick it in my old Adams clay container and spray some DS in with it. It still can be a bear to remove. 

I finally got to use this stuff on probably the best example yesterday. I did a full detail and minor paint correction on a 2014 Mustang for a coworker. Its at almost 6k miles and he's only had it for two months...probably been washed three or four times at most. Even after a thorough decon wash getting all the visible stuff off I managed to chew up an entire piece on this car. This clay is a big improvement IMO. Its next to no effort to work it to a clean surface and it grabs everything. Even with the surface being hammered I only had to make one pass to get the paint buttery smooth. The only complaint is that it sticks to your fingers more and, because of it being softer, there is a slight learning curve in how much pressure to apply. The sticky fingers was quickly remedied with a spritz of DS on my hand every few panels. Thanks Adam's for making about the only thing I dislike about detailing no longer a list item!

So does this new clay tend to stick to your fingers like the purple bar did? I hated that stuff, stuck to your fingers to the trigger on your detail spray bottle. Everywhere.

It's not as bad as what you're describing. I only had it stick a few times and then it was easily pulled off by rolling the clay over it once or twice.

I actually found an upside to the stickiness of the new bar. It won't slip out of my hand and fall to the ground easily like I've done so many times with the old bar. And it's not sticky to the point where it leaves residue and leave your fingers sticky afterwards, the residue will rub off easy.