Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foam Cannon with one bucket

EPHIOS

Question

Have anyone tried replacing the RINSE bucket with a foam cannon?

EXAMPLE:

1) Foam the car with a foam cannon

2) Let it dwell for 2-3 minutes

3) Rinse with garden hose or pressure washer

4) Use one bucket (with Grit Guard) method wash

and so on...

Edited by EPHIOS

9 answers to this question

i use the foam cannon and two buckets.  i wouldn't recommend removing either bucket.  the cannon loosens dirt and drags some away as the foam hits the ground, but there is still plenty of dirt/grime on the car because there is no agitation with the foam canon alone.  so i wouldn't eliminate either bucket, they both still have their place.

i view the canon as a extra step to provide another layer of protection from creating swirls, not a substitute for either bucket.

^^^ What's your process? I just began but the process I do and has been good so far for me is foam let it dwell a few minutes, rinse with the pressure washer, re-foam to wash and just use my rinse bucket after I finish washing one side I foam again so it won't dry and repeat the process on the other side, and pressure wash rinse/sheet rinse. Maybe way different then others but it works.

I just began but the process I do and has been good so far for me is foam let it dwell a few minutes, rinse with the pressure washer, re-foam to wash and just use my rinse bucket after I finish washing one side I foam again so it won't dry and repeat the process on the other side, and pressure wash rinse/sheet rinse. Maybe way different then others but it works.

I'm with you on this one. The wash pad just glides across and picks up quite a bit of soap. There is more soap on the pad after I finish then there would be with the two bucket method for me. I do waterless and rinseless washing and obviously there is a lot more lubrication on the surface with foam than either of the other two methods that most people use safely and effectively.  

I have a similar approach as teamcrossworks.  I use my pressure washer to pre-rinse the car to remove as much of the grit and grime as possible.  I then cover the car with the foam cannon and let it soak for a few minutes.  After doing this, I rarely have much discoloration in my wash buckets. :D