Customer Service 866.965.0400

NEW! Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant (discussion)

Team Adam's

Question

Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant Discussion Thread: 

1014.jpg

ADAM'S LIQUID PAINT SEALANT

• Our Most Durable Polymer Protection Ever
  • Apply By Machine or By Hand Easily
  • Incredibly Reflective Shine and Lasting Protection
  • Sets Up Fast And Applies Easily

At Adam's we're always working on improving our products and a large part of that improvement process is listening to feedback from our customers. The development of Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant is another example of our team taking customer input and making improvements to our product line. 

Customers told us they wanted a product that didn't require long cure times and could be applied by hand for the times they didn't want to pull out their machine polisher and pads to apply protection. Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant delivers on both points!

APPLY BY MACHINE OR BY HAND - still color coordinated to the Adam's Machine Sealant and Waxing Pads, Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant goes on quickly and easily using your Flex, Cyclo, Porter Cable or any similar detailing machine. For those not working with a machine the new formula goes on just as easily by hand, using one of our soft foam or microfiber applicator pads. The formula spreads evenly and easily, sets up quickly, and the residues remove easier than ever. 

NO MORE LONG CURE TIMES - our previous generation product required 30 or more minutes to setup and wasn't ready to be topped with other products for at least a day. Now, with Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant, you can apply and remove the product as fast as it hazes up and layer immediately for additional protection and stunning results. Now you can apply our most durable product in a matter of minutes, not days! 

The acrylic polymer formulation provides some of our most durable protection to date, withstanding the harshest seasons and harshest detergents better than any product we've offered before. The benefits don't stop with the longevity alone... independent testing had customers raving about the gloss and rich, rock hard, shine left behind by Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant. 

Backed with Adam's 110% Satisfaction Guarantee, we're sure you'll find that Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant will be your new 'go-to' product for keeping your paint protected and looking its best! 

Edited by Dylan@Adams

I don't know about the durability of LPS yet, but if it lasts 4 months or more like this thread suggests, it will have beaten MPL hands down.  I only got about 1 month at most out of MPL in terms of beading at best, which is about three to four 2-bucket washes a month.

Conclusion:

Pros:  Great look, super easy application and removal, very slick surface tension.  It's got a very unique look on a white car.

Cons:  Black licorice scent isn't exactly my favorite, would have preferred no scent, just chemicals instead.

I feel pretty comfortable saying that I have a new favorite sealant now.  MPL has been retired.

I agree with your whole review and look forward to trying LPS someday, but I cannot agree with you getting "only 1 month" of beading out of MPL.  I've been using it since 2009, and in Jersey I get an average of 4-6 months of protection and beads, with 2-3 hand washes a month or more, and using Detail Spray as a drying agent each time.

Do you use glaze on top of the sealant?  That's the only thing I could think of which starts to break it down, but you're honestly the first person I've ever heard of claiming a durable sealant like MPL (or an Adam's equivalent sealant for that matter) with only 1 month of beads/protection, hell, that is a coat of pure Carnauba wax life (30 days in the hot season)!

I would look into your application/removal methods, as well as any products used on the car after applying sealant if you are only getting that short of a lifespan.

I can go through a Jersey winter with one coat of Sealant (Adam's, MPL, Collinite, Sonax) and still have beading once I wash it all down in spring with 2 buckets.

Thanks for your input.  That being said, I'd like to clear up something. When I say a sealant only lasts 1 month for me, what I really mean to say is that it's no longer to my liking and needs to be reapplied or topped off.  To me, I like to maintain that fresh slick feel and the super tight beading on my car at all times.

I always use an IPA mix before applying a sealant, if not a paint cleanser in addition to that step.  I never top my sealants, I find that it degrades the slickness (nubas aren't as slick as sealants typcially).

After the first wash, most LSPs are still okay, but the slickness has greatly diminished.  After the second and third washes, that's when I start to see spots where beading has decreased to an uncomfortable level for me and the surface no longer feels super slick and freshly applied.  By the fourth wash, I typically can't stand it anymore and reapply.

The good news is I won't be judging this sealant differently than the others so the control in the experiment will be the same, just the timeframe is typically much shorter than most other peoples'.

So if LPS, after 4 washes and 1 month, stays slicker and beads more uniformly than MPL did under the same conditions, then I will know for sure.

I agree Jae, but I find hitting the paint with some DS brings back that slick look and feel and since the sealant lasts several months, you get the look and the protection is still hanging out underneath! ;) 

I agree with a lot of the points Jae made. 

I tried the sealant for the first time this morning when I applied the sealant to my truck and found it a bit grabby, but due ONLY to my own doing.  I applied it too thick in spots on the first few panels before I got a good feeling for it.  In addition to that cause, and something that may have just been incidental at most, was that it was only about 45 degrees out when I applied it.  Otherwise, working with the sealant was a breeze and the look came out great.

I always had luck with MPL in the past with looks and durability, but I find this, upon initial use, much easier to work with and with initial looks, much better.  I applied the sealant in a parking garage with limited light so I will be able to get a better gauge once I move it out from the parking garage.  I have used a number of sealants in the past and this seems so far pretty competitive.  I can report back as time goes on.

A71A05C1-5592-4FF2-B47E-A09A455D6B1F_zps

This is the beading from Liquid Paint Sealant after 1 week with no washing, and just finished a pressure rinse with just water, to get the dust and pollen off.

20140314_103409_zps308d9f59.jpg

Full Size

20140314_103409-2_zpsc8aec93a.jpg

After drying - only WW, no DS yet.

I've never seen so much gloss from a white paint before from a sealant...

20140314_160037_zpsccc7ce82.jpg

20140314_160024_zps235341c1.jpg

20140314_160118_zps61262108.jpg

Buddy's (Audix2) new 2014 CLS550 in the foreground.
(He may now have to change his forum name to Audix1+MB)

20140314_160007_zpsb130b120.jpg

Edited by DaytonaJae

Overall, I am very impressed with the looks of LPS... which is really surprising to me because I am so incredibly picky when it comes to sealants.  Great job Adams team on this product!

Again, the only thing I would change is the scent.  Nothing wrong with it - I just hate black licorice personally, but it's not overpowering while you're applying, as it doesn't "linger" like other products and is only overwhelming when you power snort it out of the bottle when you first receive it, causing you to double-over in pain, mimicking a fetal position while clutching your face with both hands and having flashbacks of the first time you ever got drunk back in high school off of a black licorice flavored vodka.  Your mileage may vary.

I will add a second layer this weekend to see if it changes anything.  If not, will be for the pure pleasure of application and the ease of removal.

Jae, car looks great.  Happy to say I am having equal feelings about the sealant after a week as well.  We have had nothing but unending precipitation here in Northern Virginia since about two days after I applied the liquid paint sealant, that being heavy snow, heavy rain, and fine mist as it is this morning.  Snapped a couple pics this morning as best I could with my iPhone to capture beading.

589FE14C-DEF1-48AE-92D6-015ACD6F8489_zps

DEC38DE5-C01B-4BB5-B641-BFC25F3F64C4_zps

5143D174-E605-43AA-9F4A-01D77C08B814_zps

Here was the Truck outside (I had only posted an indoor picture before) a day after having applied the sealant...

99B7CEDC-BCCC-4498-A484-F06348531EBD_zps

0C0F9C0B-27FE-41EC-BF93-4E9F3087DD1D_zps

283B2E37-5116-4BC2-8041-D34E8D7EF07F_zps

DF82A88D-0DBB-481E-8848-FA12DBCC0A07_zps

Forgive me if already been answered: Going to apply the Liquid Sealant today. A few questions:

1) When to wipe it down? Can I do my whole car with the machine and then wipe it down with the MF towel afterwards or is it best to apply it each panel at a time, then wipe? 

2) Cure time. I know the bottles says wait 30 minutes for it to cure. I read that others have waited 24 hours for it to cure. I plan to BG and Americana wax it afterwards. How long should i let it cure before applying those products?

Mahalo for answering these questions,

Ryan

Forgive me if already been answered: Going to apply the Liquid Sealant today. A few questions:

1) When to wipe it down? Can I do my whole car with the machine and then wipe it down with the MF towel afterwards or is it best to apply it each panel at a time, then wipe? 

2) Cure time. I know the bottles says wait 30 minutes for it to cure. I read that others have waited 24 hours for it to cure. I plan to BG and Americana wax it afterwards. How long should i let it cure before applying those products?

Ryan

1. When you are finished with the entire car is fine.  
  2. The 24 cure time was for the previous version call MSS.  LPS can be 'topped' as soon as it is wiped off.

Have fun!

:huh: Then why does the back of the bottle step #7 say Allow at least 1 hour before applying additional coats or layering other products? You think it wouldn't say that if it didn't matter.

That is true.. how long to those who've done it waited?

THanks for the feedbacks

:huh: Then why does the back of the bottle step #7 say Allow at least 1 hour before applying additional coats or layering other products? You think it wouldn't say that if it didn't matter.

Good question!  The website says:

"NO MORE LONG CURE TIMES - our previous generation product required 30 or more minutes to setup and wasn't ready to be topped with other products for at least a day. Now, with Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant, you can apply and remove the product as fast as it hazes up and layer immediately for additional protection and stunning results. Now you can apply our most durable product in a matter of minutes, not days! "

Ryan

1. Whole car. The only product that you should wipe off after every panel or so is paste wax, since it hardens very quickly. Keep this in mind for when you use Americana.

2. The 24 hour "cure" time you are thinking of only applies to the old product, MSS, which LPS has replaced. MSS required a secondary wipedown 12-24 hours after removing the residue, before applying a second coat. LPS can be topped after an hour, according to the label.

1. Whole car. The only product that you should wipe off after every panel or so is paste wax, since it hardens very quickly. Keep this in mind for when you use Americana.

Does this also apply to doing it all by hand as far as wiping it off (Liquid Sealant) after doing the whole car? Also when you say Americana/paste wax is the only one to wipe off after every panel or so, does that mean other products such as Brilliant Glaze and Revive Polish can be wiped off after doing the entire vehicle or should they be wiped off every panel or so also? Got a little confused after watching so many videos and reading the forums on a bunch of different products.  :blink:

Yes. Products that are forming a layer on top of the paint (sealant, glaze, or wax) need some time to "cure", so it saves you time to apply to the entire car and then wipe it all off later. The only exception in this case would be Americana, for the reasons mentioned earlier. You spread them out, let them set, and then remove the residue. Typically, if you were to start applying sealant to one area of the car, by the time you finish applying to the entire car, the area you started in is ready to be wiped off.

Revive is a polish, so it doesn't leave a layer behind on the paint. You work the polish until it's clear and then wipe it away. It won't hurt to do the entire car with Revive and then wipe, but it's probably easier to wipe once you've worked the polish in that area, since polishes don't cure.

Good question!  The website says:

"NO MORE LONG CURE TIMES - our previous generation product required 30 or more minutes to setup and wasn't ready to be topped with other products for at least a day. Now, with Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant, you can apply and remove the product as fast as it hazes up and layer immediately for additional protection and stunning results. Now you can apply our most durable product in a matter of minutes, not days! "

I guess it depends on how you look at it.  You can apply it in a matter of minutes - 61 minutes :P

I still have quite a bit of the old Machine Sealant and actually really like it; it provides nice protection to my DD.  As a matter of fact, I just ordered another bottle since they are getting rid of it for $10.  I won't be switching out until it's all gone. I can live with the 12-24 hour cure time because by the time I finish the truck it's late in the evening and it will just sit over night and cure, plus I don't do this for a living.  I can really see the benefit for Detail Shops though.

Just One Man's Opinion.

Al

Edited by Methodical

Ok newbie question for this product, im detailing a Red 2010 mustang i just completed the paint correction (orange and white) with my cyclo this is a garaged show car now my question is should i use the paint sealant then the americana? this car rearely sees any bad weather unless he gets cought after a show.. but if it will add to the shine and luster im in

Thanks