Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leather Conditioner

FXR500

Question

You know, I think this has to be my favorite product. No matter how crappy the weather is, a clean (and crisp smelling) interior puts a smile on my face. I find myself putting a quick swipe of leather conditioner on a clean interior just to bump the scent up a little bit. Am I the only one?

Did our vehicle a month ago and it still looks and smells almost like the day I did it...  Has not even collected that much dust either...  Plan on giving it a quick wipe down tomorrow after a good bath & vacuum...  Should look brand new...

Edited by jtrade

It is some wonderful smelling stuff. When someone is sceptical about spending $25 on leather conditioner I always pop off the top and let them get a whiff of that wonderful leather smell. That usually does the truck.

Wow, I am reading how everyone here loves the smell of the conditioner and when I used it the first time I thought: oh man that stuff REEKS!! :eek:

I made the mistake of not wearing gloves while applying it and I couldn't get the smell off my hands for days! I had the top down as much as I could to get the stink out off my interior. After a couple of weeks it started smelling like new leather again, or maybe the normal new leather smell came back trough.  <_< It is a 2013 after all.

Today I thought I give it another try, this time with gloves. Still stinks! I can't understand how everyone here thinks it smells like real leather? :confused:  I loved the smell of Meguiars leather foam but hated how slick the seat were. This stuff will have to be banned to the back of the shelf. Sorry but maybe I'm super sensitive? 

May have to try some other stuff. Einszett is supposed to get that new car smell. But it's funny how every other Adam's product smells good to me but the conditioner.

Edited by chocoholic_too

Wow, I am reading how everyone here loves the smell of the conditioner and when I used it the first time I thought: oh man that stuff REEKS!! :eek:

I made the mistake of not wearing gloves while applying it and I couldn't get the smell off my hands for days! I had the top down as much as I could to get the stink out off my interior. After a couple of weeks it started smelling like new leather again, or maybe the normal new leather smell came back trough.  <_< It is a 2013 after all.

Today I thought I give it another try, this time with gloves. Still stinks! I can't understand how everyone here thinks it smells like real leather? :confused:  I loved the smell of Meguiars leather foam but hated how slick the seat were. This stuff will have to be banned to the back of the shelf. Sorry but maybe I'm super sensitive? 

May have to try some other stuff. Einszett is supposed to get that new car smell. But it's funny how every other Adam's product smells good to me but the conditioner.

Chocoholic you're not alone, I've been using the Einszett leather (Lederpledge) product for almost 4 years now, and perfectly happy with it so this is a case where I haven't had experience with an Adam's product to give my impression, but the product I do use for conditioning leather works so well that I haven't had a need for leather conditioner.

When my current product runs out I will give it a try but I must say I like that the product I use has a gender neutral scent (since my interior detailer has a fresh citrus smell), and I also like to use a few spritzes of original scent Ozium as an air freshener when I am done with my interior cleaning, which has a lemon-y smell to it.  Not sure if adding the new leather scent from the Adam's Conditioner would overwhelm the scents in a clean interior.  If someone has a basically empty bottle and wants to lend me a sample to try in my wife's car I'll give it a shot someday but my current Leather conditioner works well for now. 

I'll prob see it in action in an Adam's event one of these days and then I know if I'll ever want to switch.

We rarely see complaints about the LC scent. Is your bottle of LC new?

Since your car is fairly new, perhaps the TID would be a better fit for maintaining your interior:

I bought the conditioner last fall as part of the leather kit. Today my entire garage still smells strongly - to put it mildly. :D

I just ordered the TID last week along with a couple of mystery boxes but I'm not sure if that would be enough since I already developed some creasing in the side bolster of the drivers seat.

post-11618-0-42702700-1394377819_thumb.jpg

It's an Audi S5 cab with the "cool leather" seats.

IMO the scent of the LC is nowhere near strong enough to encompass an entire garage for days on end. You might have a bad batch, in which case Adam's will replace the product, or maybe you are just very sensitive to the scent. Anyway, those creases should come out when it gets warmer out. The suggestion I read most often here is to heavily condition the affected area and park the car in the sun with the windows up. That looks like the outer driver's bolster, so it is a common problem. I have to treat mine this coming season as well.

Chocoholic you're not alone, I've been using the Einszett leather (Lederpledge) product for almost 4 years now, and perfectly happy with it so this is a case where I haven't had experience with an Adam's product to give my impression, but the product I do use for conditioning leather works so well that I haven't had a need for leather conditioner.

When my current product runs out I will give it a try but I must say I like that the product I use has a gender neutral scent (since my interior detailer has a fresh citrus smell), and I also like to use a few spritzes of original scent Ozium as an air freshener when I am done with my interior cleaning, which has a lemon-y smell to it.  Not sure if adding the new leather scent from the Adam's Conditioner would overwhelm the scents in a clean interior.  If someone has a basically empty bottle and wants to lend me a sample to try in my wife's car I'll give it a shot someday but my current Leather conditioner works well for now. 

I'll prob see it in action in an Adam's event one of these days and then I know if I'll ever want to switch.

Well, this is definitely not a gender neutral scent. My hubby agrees for a change. :jester:

Being German, I might give the Einszett a shot, being bipartisan, you know..... ;)

It's entirely possible that my nose is too sensitive for this but even my hubby thinks it's a very strong smell. Too bad nobody's close to Cincy to confirm if that's the normal scent. :D

I will try the approach you suggested with the bolster, once it get's warmer. Thanks! Maybe that will be the same time I'll try out my new CYCLO!!!! :banana:

I don't think leather conditioner has that strong of a scent.  People say they can smell it for days.  I can barely smell it 10 minutes later.  However, a scent can't please everyone.  Personally I think Americana is the worst smelling product in the world, but it seems like 99% of people or more absolutely love the smell.

I don't think leather conditioner has that strong of a scent.  People say they can smell it for days.  I can barely smell it 10 minutes later.  However, a scent can't please everyone.  Personally I think Americana is the worst smelling product in the world, but it seems like 99% of people or more absolutely love the smell.

The original formula Americana smelled 100x better than the current. I still have some saved simply for aroma purposes  :D If you're ever up this way feel free to come compare

The original formula Americana smelled 100x better than the current. I still have some saved simply for aroma purposes  :D If you're ever up this way feel free to come compare

AGREED!  Loved the scent before.

It's entirely possible that my nose is too sensitive for this but even my hubby thinks it's a very strong smell. Too bad nobody's close to Cincy to confirm if that's the normal scent. :D

I will try the approach you suggested with the bolster, once it get's warmer. Thanks! Maybe that will be the same time I'll try out my new CYCLO!!!! :banana:

I live in Cincinnati, what part of town are you in.