Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Staff Update?

I look at it in a totally different light.  There are SO many great detailer here that offer up excellent, sound advice.  If the advice given is spot-on, then I typically don't chime in on top of it.

However, if there is some mis-information given on a product technique, then I will most definitely jump in.

Do you feel it would be more beneficial if I gave a "+1" to all of the good advice given here, to possibly add some credibility to a post?  If so, then I'll make it happen!

Nick,

Doesn't even need to be a "+1" Simply "liking" their response shows agreement. When reading the forum, if a specific comment has a few "likes" I am much more inclined to believe it is good advise. It even shows who liked the post.

Nick,

Doesn't even need to be a "+1" Simply "liking" their response shows agreement. When reading the forum, if a specific comment has a few "likes" I am much more inclined to believe it is good advise. It even shows who liked the post.

I agree, I feel like the "Like function" is very under used on the forum. 

I think we just need a new "Dylan" to give that all knowing presence back to the forums. Nick certainly seems knowledgeable and good enough to fill that role. I think we just need to give Nick some time to establish himself as the new go to person on the forums.

Definitely agree with liking posts to help prove which information is good or not, and that's something we can all do as members to help out

Edited by Gen9Rolla

I have also worked hands-on with many of the staff members at shows and can confirm that they are, without a doubt, some of the most knowledgeable and dedicated people you can find. They may not be on the forum as much due to their other roles in the company, but these are the people who help everything run behind the scenes and also at public events. To the staff I have not met, I am 100% sure they are cut from the same stock; Adam is a professional, and he didn't grow his business by hiring a bunch of clowns. Losing faith just because a key employee decided to pursue other avenues is losing faith in Adam, and I can tell you there is NO reason to do that.

That being said, some of the comments in here are disappointing and childish. The quality of the products and service is not going to change because Dylan left, and everyone's collective knowledge is not going to plummet. We have all learned at least one thing from Dylan's input over the past few years, so now we use that information to help the next wave of newcomers. "@Adams" in their name or not, if someone sees that the majority agree with a particular post, they will feel more confident with the advice. It's not rocket science.

"@Adams" in their name or not, if someone sees that the majority agree with a particular post, they will feel more confident with the advice. It's not rocket science.

That point was made specifically about new people who don't know anyone on the forum. They might be looking to make sure someone with the company agrees with the advice given until they start to figure things out on the forum. 

Why?  The products and guarantee's speak for themselves!  I for one am not worried!

I suggest ANYONE that is worried, email Adam.  

It shouldn't be any surprise that consumer confidence would wane slightly in the light of the departures of so many well respected members of the Adam's team. This is especially true considering that those who have most recently left bled Adam's polishes 24/7/365. Whether their departures were as sudden as they seem (or not as Adam has explained), the seeds of doubt have been planted and only time and continued success by the entire Adam's team will erase those doubts. That is just how it works, Adam's Polishes is not immune to this aspect of business.

Yes, almost every single product from Adam's is top notch and I'm sure they will continue to provide the same great results despite the presence of those who have recently departed the team. But products are just part of the equation. If you don't have enough Dylan-s or Mook-s or even Junkman-s out there to effectively promote and advise on those products, all you have is a well-stocked warehouse. People will not be falling over themselves to purchase them if they don't know how good they are and don't feel confident that they are exactly what they need to achieve the results they desire. It's not easy to convince people to drink the Kool-aid, err Detail Spray, nor should they be expected to without a heck of a good reason...regardless of how good it smells.

As far as the gaurantee goes, what is it that Chris Farely said about gaurantees in Tommy Boy? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Adam's has one, but the results from the products and advice from past team members is what sold me, not the guarantee. In all the years I've been purchasing products from Adam's (again as a result of Dylan before he was an Adam's employee), I've only had to use that guarantee one time (within the past 6 months), so it really has never played a factor for me in my decision to buy from Adam's.

Guys, I can understand where some of you are coming from.  Since we area small company (<10 employees,) I think everyone feels as though they get to know us the more interaction we all have.  There are changes in any business, especially small ones, that may see to be HUGE..and after the dust settles, things continue on.

Obviously, Dylan departing is a major change as he was the face of the forum, no question about it.  All of the other changes everyone is referring to in this thread have happened over the course of many months.  To assume that we suddenly, all at once, "trimmed low hanging fruit" since the last full-time employee roster thread was discussed/requested (which was a very long time ago) seems a bit presumptuous to me. 

All of us wear many different hats, so please allow me some slack if a question isn't answered instantly on here.  After all, your best option for an immediate answer is to email or call us...even though I do my best to keep on top of every single thread and post here.  My knowledge is nowhere near what Dylan's was, but I do know a thing or two about detailing.  My first order with Adam's was back in 2008, after all.  My wife would murder me if she knew how much I spent before I became a part of this team.  ;)

Also, to say that there are literally 0 brand ambassadors now is a huge kick in the plums.  My interaction here (and every other team members) have been minimal since this was Dylan's baby, but my 1831 posts didn't appear out of thin air.

Nick, you know I consider you to be one of the 3 Amigos, Dylan, Mook, and Nick. I respect your knowledge (and your drive to gain more), your humbleness, and let's be honest, you're a likable guy. I really hope that you aren't internalizing any of the comments here as an indictment of the work that you have done yourself. My comments and I'm sure many of the others being expressed here are simply out of shock and sadness regarding the departure of some of our most favorite Adam's characters.

In the past on the TBSS forum, I vented to you that I was/am not a fan of some of the 'additions' to the Adam's team, specifically those who were 'hired' to work the forums, including this one. I always felt that many of them are/were unproven, unknown, and quite frankly pompous. Many of them immediately began puffing out their chests with the Adam's logo emblazoned on it and instantly they were experts often spouting off at the mouth and flat-out providing incorrect information. Someone should have reeled them in from the start, but it never happened. They were left to their own devices and it honestly began to push me away from Adam's alltogether.

It is a necessary evil to have 'moderators' on a forum, but sometimes mods need to put a sock in it and simply ensure the rules are being adhered to and keep the site clean, tidy, and safe for all eyes to view. I'm sorry to say, but there are individuals officially associated with Adam's on forums (including this one) that act more like trolls than objective, knowledgeable members of the community they oversee. As I told you before, just because someone has an '@Adams' or 'moderator' title associated with his/her forum name doesn't mean he/she can provide the correct advice nor does it mean that anyone should blindly respect him/her. Respect is earned and I haven't seen a whole lot around here that deserves it lately which is why I have been limiting my time here considerably and more carefully considering my purchases. As I said before, some of these individuals should have been cut loose, but they continue to detract from the Adam's moniker. Combine that with the departure of those who were beloved by many (if not all) and you have a recipe for lowered consumer confidence.

I fully expect a time out now. ;)

Edited by 02Xtreme07ss

Guys, I was here when Dylan was new. He GREW into his role. We definitely need more one off videos, and "hey look what Adams can do" videos. It IS winter though.

He may have grown into his roll as a member of Adam's team and a presence on this particular forum, but he was highly regarded for his detailing abilities long before he officially joined Adam's. It was his reputation that made it much easier to gain buy-in when he provided advice.

Edited by 02Xtreme07ss

Jim, you are speaking as though the forum is the only way Adam's promotes, and that the lack of figureheads online is not going to move product. Most people who sign up to the forum have already purchased their products and are looking for advice and support. A significant portion of sales and conversions, I imagine, come from events. 

Myself, and most of the "unproven, pompous" moderators you speak of (as well as some regular members, like BRZN, for example) have worked at numerous Adam's events over the years, answering questions and giving demonstrations for up to 10 hours a day. The people I have had the pleasure of working with have been very humble, professional, and knowledgable - exactly what you'd expect from the actual employees. We may not currently have a Dylan on the forum pulling in members, but it is people like the mods and others who work at the shows who are pulling in customers and moving product. 

While I've been somewhat absent from the forum due to the slow detailing season that is called winter and having our hands full with our 8 month old son, I have been able to lurk around and keep up to date.  I will just say, all the present staff is doing an amazing job. I see no change beside a name and a face. We still receive our infromation and share the knowledge of these amazing products Adam's offers to us. We still have our Daily Specials and holiday sales. Everything is just fine to me.

Adam, Nick and the rest of the crew.............keep up the good work! :2thumbs:

Jim, you are speaking as though the forum is the only way Adam's promotes, and that the lack of figureheads online is not going to move product. Most people who sign up to the forum have already purchased their products and are looking for advice and support. A significant portion of sales and conversions, I imagine, come from events. 

Myself, and most of the "unproven, pompous" moderators you speak of (as well as some regular members, like BRZN, for example) have worked at numerous Adam's events over the years, answering questions and giving demonstrations for up to 10 hours a day. The people I have had the pleasure of working with have been very humble, professional, and knowledgable - exactly what you'd expect from the actual employees. We may not currently have a Dylan on the forum pulling in members, but it is people like the mods and others who work at the shows who are pulling in customers and moving product. 

It is not my intention to suggest that the Adam's forum or forums in general are the only form of Adam's Polishes promotion and marketing. It would have been naive for me to suggest or even hint that THIS is the only form of marketing used by Adam's Polishes. It is however one of the most cost effective means of doing so and the one that has the single widest reach and largest audience. Ensuring that the right people are manning this ship is imperative for this form of marketing to be successful.

I also didn't say ALL moderators or ALL representatives were guitly of not being 'worthy' (for lack of a better word) to represent Adam's Polishes. I certainly didn't point the finger at anyone specific in my post, but those members of this forum and others who have had unpleasant interactions the 'bad apples' are aware of who they are. I don't need to point them out.

To stay on point, I am simply expressing is the fact that Adam built a very well rounded, well liked, and well respected core team of individuals who were responsible for marketing, promoting, and supporting the products in all outlets, whether it be on forums, events, etc. etc. These members became endeard to many, including myself, not just 'on a forum'. When the bulk of those individuals who became the face of the company disappeared, in short order mind you, it has left a void for many. A void that has be filled with doubt and confusion.

Over the past 7+ years I've been a pretty darn loyal Adam's customer. My 800+ posts don't reflect my actual usage of Adam's products over that time. I'd be more than happy to provide you or Nick with my account number if you want to look into it yourself and I would hope you would see that my comments are not derived out of malice, but out of concern. Concern that this community and this company has lost a big portion of what made it 'premium' in a short timeframe. It's simply not only about the products, it's the entire package.

It would have been naive for me to suggest or even hint that THIS is the only form of marketing used by Adam's Polishes.

yet, on the topic of forum presence,

If you don't have enough Dylan-s or Mook-s or even Junkman-s out there to effectively promote and advise on those products, all you have is a well-stocked warehouse.

Anyway, we have plenty of capable people who are stepping up. I have nothing but confidence that this team can maintain the same level of quality going forward. Adam's has been consistent throughout the years despite numerous staff changes, something many other companies can't boast. It has only been a couple of weeks since Dylan left, so why don't we give this transition a chance to work before dramatizing the situation.

It is a necessary evil to have 'moderators' on a forum, but sometimes mods need to put a sock in it and simply ensure the rules are being adhered to and keep the site clean, tidy, and safe for all eyes to view. I'm sorry to say, but there are individuals officially associated with Adam's on forums (including this one) that act more like trolls than objective, knowledgeable members of the community they oversee. As I told you before, just because someone has an '@Adams' or 'moderator' title associated with his/her forum name doesn't mean he/she can provide the correct advice 

Not wrong about this one - I've seen it first hand as well.

And forums are responsible for many many purchasing decisions and for how the product is perceived - for every voice you hear on this board, there are 30 more reading it who will never sign up or post - they're browsing for insight and looking for that push to pull the trigger on the product.  This forum reaches more people than a folding table display ever could...

my 2 cents...

this forum is so family like, it felt like we lost members of the family. please remember this forum supports a business, and in businesses changes will/need to be made. a very good business book is "who moved my cheese" , it may help with the transition.

I had a boss that made us read that book!  Puts a great perspective on things!

yet, on the topic of forum presence,

Anyway, we have plenty of capable people who are stepping up. I have nothing but confidence that this team can maintain the same level of quality going forward. Adam's has been consistent throughout the years despite numerous staff changes, something many other companies can't boast. It has only been a couple of weeks since Dylan left, so why don't we give this transition a chance to work before dramatizing the situation.

I can assure you that I am not stuck solely on how the recent departure of staff affects 'forum prescense'. In fact, I've said many time that there are plenty of Adam's 'representatives' on forums theses days. Unfortunately, some of them are not really qualifed to do so due to a lack of bonified industry experience. While Adam's has always been targeted to the DIY and enthusiast audiences, that is only one segment of this industry.

Am I concerned about the loss of Dylan, Mook, Chase and/or some of the other quality team members on this forum? Absolutely, but I'm more concerned about how the loss of this calibre of staff will affect the entire operation, not just the forum. As Adam himself said, they all wore multiple hats within the company so their loss is far-reaching and not limited to solely this or any other forum. Each of them made significant contribution to where Adam's Polishes is today, whether that be via a forum, at an event, or just by picking up the phone or responding to a customer in need. I'm not saying they can't be replaced, but from where I sit, you have a long way to go to fill those shoes that are no empty. That's reality, not drama.

I will have to admit......the fact that Adam gets on here and gives the low down to the public of the latest on his company is awesome! Thank you for filling us in. Everything Adam said that he and his company is working on is exactley what I put down on my survey that was taken a few weeks back. A more simple line of products, less backorder and less expensive shipping. Means he cares about his customers and for that, he'll always have my buisness.

Guys I know I haven't been on a lot lately but I have been here since 2008 and travel to several clinics a year not to mention I have hosted a couple of clinics in nj also. My two under 3 year old kids have made it difficult to keep up but I can say this,I love Adams products and how they work. I am sad to see Dylan, AJ and Lynn being gone I got to know them well but change does happen disagreements happen, peoples desires change you can't stop that. I will take a wait and see attitude and hopefully meet some of the newer folks as well as maintaining my current relationship s with Adam and Ashley. Whether I agree or disagree with something well I will judge things on a case by case basis but I wish Adams well as well as the other folks mentioned and I am sure soon with a break in the weather I'll be ready to detail again

It is what it is and you will either adapt or you won't.   Nick will make us forget the other guys, what was there names?  We come here for the products and great customer service and the forum banter is just extra reinforcement for what most of us know or think we know.  

Some product changes have ben annouced and it sounds like Adams will be tightening its product lineup and saving me some money.  :)

Nick is a great guy!

I bought my TBSS from him. I flew out from Denver to Indiana . I remember it was the cleanest vehicle I had ever seen! I asked him how he did it and that's how I began using Adams! He was honest the whole time and the truck was everything he said it was and more. I was nervous about making an out of state purchase but it's the best vehicle I have bought. Thanks Nick!

When I went to the Adams warehouse for the first time Adam told Mook to show me how to properly wash my truck . I learned so much that day. I'm still learning now. I miss being able to go to the warehouse and buying stuff off the shelf. But what I miss more was the family type atmosphere that was there. Now it's just a warehouse . Their detail clinics were cool too!

A lot has changed since the day I first visited Adams HQ.