Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Staff Update?

My co-workers got me a gift certificate for Christmas.  One of them calls in and is making the order and tells them where he works and Nick tells them this must be for Jim, he is one of our best customers.   I have everything shipped to my work as I don't want it sitting on the porch, so they know about my addiction.   

Hopefully my wife never calls in.  :)

My co-workers got me a gift certificate for Christmas.  One of them calls in and is making the order and tells them where he works and Nick tells them this must be for Jim, he is one of our best customers.   I have everything shipped to my work as I don't want it sitting on the porch, so they know about my addiction.   

Hopefully my wife never calls in.   :)

I wondered when you were going to mention that little surprise!! ;)

Here are the problems at present:

People don't like change. There are changes and we don't like it.

Dylan is a rock star. I only got to meet him once, but he is so dynamic you can't help but like him.

Mook, again, great guy that you can't help but like. Well that and an awesome nickname.

Lynn is another example, talk to her for a few minutes and you're hooked.

Did I mention that people don't like change?

We just need time to get to know the newer people. Everything will be fine.

By the way Adam I'll need a new pic with you at Grabiaks I'm a little thinner now lol

Dan, it will be good to see less of you at Grabiak. :D

I agree people don't like change. I never met Dylan but read a lot of his post and trusted his advice completely. I had a chance to meet Nick at Muscle Car Nationals in Chicago and he was very knowledgeable about all aspects of detailing and the products. I could've spent days asking him advice and questions I have.

I must say while reading posts on this forum it is nice to see an @Adams member "like" or "+1" a post. If you've spent time on any other forum you know there are so many opinions on things and to me , having an @Adams member chime in helps take any doubt out of a question or to agree that the product was being used correctly or used as intended.

Thanks for being loyal and caring enough to participate in this conversation, I'm grateful and very appreciative!

Friends, we are experiencing growing pains.  Plain and simple.  Our small business is growing, and it hurts a little, and sometimes it hurts a bunch!

The marketplace is changing, customer expectations are changing, and we are not able to ignore those changes.  We must also adapt to remain relevant, and as Tim said:  "People don't like change."

While we are improving our product line and dialing in our team, I promise we will always provide:

• Excellent & friendly customer service.
  • The best products in every category we compete.
  • Talented, knowledgeable, and helpful team members.

You have my word. 

Thanks again!

Adam

While we are improving our product line and dialing in our team, I promise we will always provide:

• Excellent & friendly customer service.
  • The best products in every category we compete.
  • Talented, knowledgeable, and helpful team members.
You have my word. 

Adam

This is all we can ask for. Actually, probably all we can even hope for with most companies.

As a new member who watched the videos I liked Dylan and Adam.  What is more important to me is Adam's Premium Products principle.  Who they are, and what they stand for will carry them in the future.   

I bought the products because I believed in the company.  I believed they made a quality product, and I believe they will stand behind it.

The real unfortunate thing here, is that I wouldn't be surprised if Dylan goes away like everybody else that played a significant role.  Never to post again.  With him being gone I'am sure the void is being felt everywhere.  And sometimes it isn't realized till it is too late.  

The real unfortunate thing here, is that I wouldn't be surprised if Dylan goes away like everybody else that played a significant role.  Never to post again.  With him being gone I'am sure the void is being felt everywhere.  And sometimes it isn't realized till it is too late.  

I guess the big picture is that while Dylan's voice is gone, his knowledge has been passed on to all of us in the videos and threads, and we can pass it along to others,.  Nick (and others from Adam's) will become the voice to the newer folks, just as Dylan and the others before him were the voice to me.

The show must go on!  I understand people being concerned, but this is just part of a business.  Unless you see Adam himself leave, do not worry.

I have had the pleasure of working with Dylan and consider him a personal friend, always welcome at my home.  I have worked with Lynn and feel the same.  Both good people.  I have worked with or met multiple other former Adam's employees.  Some not even mentioned here.  Even though Adam's offers a family feeling, it is still a business and just a job to many.  

I work at a family run pharma company, currently about 30 employees, just a little larger than Adam's.  For years, we had the same 12 employees.  We tried to expand to 30 employees, and during that time we lost almost all of the original employees.  We tried to expand the last couple years to 40 employees, and we ended up going through a bit of an employee shift and are back down to 30.  This doesn't mean the people we who left or were fired are bad people, it simply means the company is not a fit for the employee.  Also, because we are small, there is not a lot of room for people to climb the ladder.  The same is true for Adam's.  Therefore, good employees, like Dylan, will eventually outgrow the company.  You have seen Mook pursue his dream of having his own company and doing what he truelly loves.  Both employees are good people and the company is a good company, but the company is no longer a match for them.

The moral is it is easy to grow, it is extremely difficult to grow quality.  Growth is essential for Adam's to be competitive on a price basis.  However, Adam's prides itself on providing quality products.  You will see the company struggle with not only employees, but products, as it attempts to grow.  This is a good thing and will result in the highest quality products at the most competitive prices.

Adam's products are the best on the market and his employees are top notch!  Give the team a little slack and I'm sure they will step up to meet the challenge!

Good luck Adam's in 2014!!

I'm sure I'll get clobbered but here's my two cents:

I came to Adam's a machine polishing newbie (I had done detailing before).  Between the AJ and the forums I gained a lot of knowledge and jumped on purchases from Adam's and started to detail for family and friends.  I have used almost everything Adams sells, and there are a number of products I swear by.

I have said it before but I always looked at the forum interaction (social media) as a great marketing tool, but felt Adams got the benefit of "good will" engendered by the members, but would squash questions, or comparisons regarding other products.  It still rankles me how I was treated (and no, there is no need to go into it further), but it did have an impact on how I saw Adam (as the CEO), and the company.  I have stepped back from the Adam's scene, in large part due to my (negative) experience on the forums. Granted I had already started looking at competitors products, particularly where I felt Adams line fell short.  Recent product additions have helped close some of the gaps, but as a serious amateur the "glow" I first got from Junkman and the forums has worn off.

All of the above said, I wish Adam and the team (including new employees) all the best as they work to grow the company.  I will remember fondly the clinics I attended, being able to meet Adam, Ashley and Dylan personally (as well as a number of forum members).  I will likely drop in to look for any products changes, especially around support of a larger throw polisher (to go with the new pads and polishes) or a coating (long lasting).

I fully understand Adam's target market.  I wish the company well as it seeks to meet the needs of the segment Adam has chosen to serve.  I am grateful to have met so many nice (knowledgeable) folks along my detailing journey.  I look forward to bumping into them again sometime!

I bid you all love and peace on life's journey,

Mike

Edited by gencoupe3dot8

The show must go on!  I understand people being concerned, but this is just part of a business.  Unless you see Adam himself leave, do not worry.

I have had the pleasure of working with Dylan and consider him a personal friend, always welcome at my home.  I have worked with Lynn and feel the same.  Both good people.  I have worked with or met multiple other former Adam's employees.  Some not even mentioned here.  Even though Adam's offers a family feeling, it is still a business and just a job to many.  

I work at a family run pharma company, currently about 30 employees, just a little larger than Adam's.  For years, we had the same 12 employees.  We tried to expand to 30 employees, and during that time we lost almost all of the original employees.  We tried to expand the last couple years to 40 employees, and we ended up going through a bit of an employee shift and are back down to 30.  This doesn't mean the people we who left or were fired are bad people, it simply means the company is not a fit for the employee.  Also, because we are small, there is not a lot of room for people to climb the ladder.  The same is true for Adam's.  Therefore, good employees, like Dylan, will eventually outgrow the company.  You have seen Mook pursue his dream of having his own company and doing what he truelly loves.  Both employees are good people and the company is a good company, but the company is no longer a match for them.

The moral is it is easy to grow, it is extremely difficult to grow quality.  Growth is essential for Adam's to be competitive on a price basis.  However, Adam's prides itself on providing quality products.  You will see the company struggle with not only employees, but products, as it attempts to grow.  This is a good thing and will result in the highest quality products at the most competitive prices.

Adam's products are the best on the market and his employees are top notch!  Give the team a little slack and I'm sure they will step up to meet the challenge!

Good luck Adam's in 2014!!

Well done, Eric

Personally I agree with Adam, everyone needs to be happy with their career in order to succeed in life.

As far as asking questions and looking for someone with an @Adams in their signature is not of importance. When I ask a question everyone here pretty much give the same answer. There is a lot of experience with all the members here, some just know how to answer a question better than others.

I am going to add my two cents here too.  I joined the forums a few years ago, knowing 'squat' about detailing.  I always liked a clean, shiny car.  I learned A TON of information here on this forum -  not only because of Dylan or any of the other - @ adams - but because this forum gave ME the answers I was looking for.  It wasn't the answer from one person, but the information gathered collectively from everyone.

I am sad to see Dylan and others move on?  Yes, but there will be other people that step up and fill in those shoes.  It will take time, but it will happen... 

thanks,

tom

I really started with Adam's products from watching the Junkman videos.  He really got me into it..  Then got on the forum got great info from Junkman, Dylan, Sir-Mook ALOT, and even emailed Adam and Dylan with questions and got very quick answers.  The Junkman left, but I stayed here, now that Dylan and Mook are out,, still here.  I really liked the info and presence they put in and their demos and product introduction were greatly appreciated.  

Like Adam said it is a business, and things change.  They have to change, for without change, nothing moves forward.  So with that I tell Adam this,  :patriot:  :bow:  :iagree:  :2thumbs:

I truly admire Adam's resolve to only offer "made in the U.S.A." products. Even if there may be better products elsewhere, I have no issue giving Adam's my business. Everybody that I've dealt with old and new have been nothing but a treat to work with.

Businesses grow, and change happens. There is no other way about it. I'll miss seeing Dylan in the video's/ect, but I think some people are doing a major disservice to the people stepping into new roles. Give them some time, nothing happens over night.

I just hope the quality and customer service remains the same. These things tend to go downhill as a company grows and has to place more of a focus on the bottom line.

All, I believe this thread has run its coarse and most got to speak their minds/beat a dead horse. ????. I think the Adams team have done a great job explaining the changes. I for one look forward to the additions and changes.

I am closing this to more posts.