Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass cleaner and sealant on interior end tables and coffee table

mtnbiker326

Question

Hello Adam's Forum Members (AFMs) and new comers,

Here is a quick post regarding my first full usage of my new glass cleaner and sealant (other than on my car's windows).  I apologize in advance as I didn't see the "other" category until after making this post.  Just thought Glass cleaner and sealant went with the interior category.

I have 2 end tables and a coffee table that all have glass tops.  I decided to give the glass cleaner and sealant a try on them since they are all "tempered glass".

The results are AWESOME!!!!  Now I will note that each table has some scratches in the glass (due to 3 house moves in moving trucks).  But you can barely tell with the cleaner and sealant.  I LOVE these products.  I did NOT however clay the surface before sealant.  I didn't have time.  Just clean and seal.

post-11488-0-67139200-1394004694_thumb.jpg

This photo is of a pretreated glass piece (scratches didn't show up well)

post-11488-0-98171100-1394004704_thumb.jpg

This is a piece after treatment.  (particles are some light scratches that were not hidden in the sealant and dust)

They are so useful and create such a dramatic change that I got my family interested in Adam's products after this trial run.  

I just posted an unboxing of my newest order in that section which includes a glass cleaning collection and extra glass sealant.  The family wanted me to order it up so we (as a family) could clean and seal ALL exterior and interior windows of our house.   :)

Edited by mtnbiker326

9 answers to this question

Very nice Chris!  

Adam's used to sponsor a 'Detail Something Different' that really had some unusual entries(grills, lawnmowers, house siding, radiation detectors, etc.).  Maybe we can talk Nick into running a 'no prize' version of that again? 

Great showcase.

Between the house and the 3 in the garage, we have 20 Andersen double hungs, 9 of them are the old style with the grilles on the outside of the pane in the house (you have to snap them out to clean the window fully and pop back in when done), and our 11 new windows are the 8600 double hungs which have the grilles INSIDE the glass, best invention ever.

I fully plan on using up my big box store aerosol glass cleaner, and in the spring, using the clay bar on the outside of all windows to get years of crap off them, then the glass cleaner and sealant for optimum protection, I can't wait until a big rainstorm in the spring and seeing the water beads run off the glass!

If you get any streaks from using Glass Sealant (or the "other glass sealant" that isnt as good) I've found a second wipe down with a spritz of Adam's Glass Cleaner does the trick and getting rid of the streaks, yet is gentle enough to not remove the sealant.

Edited by Ricky Bobby

I love Glass Sealant on things like Granite Tops and other solid surfaces.  

I prefer myself to use BG on all of my interior glass inside my home because of the smudge factor.

:D

I forgot about these!

We use the glass sealant on the glass shower enclosure, makes cleaning almost non-existent. Just every 4 to 6 months now.

Brilliant glaze on the large sliding glass doors makes them stay much cleaner and totally clear. Have used glass cleaner, clay and BG on all windows on the house.

Very nice Chris!  

Adam's used to sponsor a 'Detail Something Different' that really had some unusual entries(grills, lawnmowers, house siding, radiation detectors, etc.).  Maybe we can talk Nick into running a 'no prize' version of that again? 

Now that is a GREAT idea.  :)

**hint**  **hint**  Hey Nick... Pretty please (giving the begging eyes) can we do another detail something different section?

I love Glass Sealant on things like Granite Tops and other solid surfaces.  

I prefer myself to use BG on all of my interior glass inside my home because of the smudge factor.

:D

Christopher...  I have granite counter tops as well.  They are "sealed" and so I am asking... I can still use glass cleaner and sealant on it without stripping or damaging the original hard sealant?