Customer Service 866.965.0400

Smileys with ipad

694doorbird

Just type the symbols below without the space between the first and second symbol. Or use the emoticons on your ipad keyboard.

: )

; )   : P   : D   : lol:   : (   : angry:   : mellow:   : huh:   ^ _^   : o   B )   : rolleyes:   - _-   < _<   : wub:   : unsure:   : wacko:   : ph34r:   : blink: :blink:: bow: :bow:: eek: :eek:     :  burnout:           : 2thumbs:   : add:   : cheers:   : patriot:   : confused: :confused:: bump:   : hi: :hi:: glasses:           : lolsmack: :lolsmack:: banned: :banned:     :   : thumbsup:   : jawdrop: :jawdrop:: willy:   : jester:   : help: :help:: party: : iagree:      

Beate, thanks for the typing instructions :) unfortunately, my iPd doesn't have an emoticons keyboard.

Gerry, JavaScript is enabled, it's just on this forum I can't use emoticons. All my other forums work just fine.

You have the option of enabling the emoticon (emoji) keyboard on the iPad.

Go to Settings/General/Keyboard/Add New Keyboard - find the keyboard named "Emoji".

Now whenever you have the keyboard pop up you should see a little icon/button to the left of the space bar with a pic of a globe, the symbol for international. Press this and you will see the emoticon options ( hundreds of them). If you press the international button again you will toggle back to the English keyboard.

Hope this helps!

(But this won't help on this forum as the forum doesn't recognize these emoji characters - at least not for me)

Edited by DaveVY

The smileys use Javascript, not Flash. Some iOS devices are notorious for not playing well with Javascript. Make sure Javascript is enabled on your devices browser.

JavaScript is enabled on my iPad browser but smileys still don't work.

I still miss the old forum software... :-(

Edited by DaveVY

So, what exactly happens? Are you able to pull up the smiley bar under the reply box? Does the reply box have focus (flashing cursor) when you click on a smiley?

The smiley bar does not show up.

post-4682-0-59620100-1394121737_thumb.jpg

Looks like you are missing the entire rich text editor toolbar. According to IPB, they have disabled rich text support for iOS due to unreliable performance on Apple devices, and are working to implement it in a future version. As soon as they do, we will upgrade to that version.

Looks like you are missing the entire rich text editor toolbar. According to IPB, they have disabled rich text support for iOS due to unreliable performance on Apple devices, and are working to implement it in a future version. As soon as they do, we will upgrade to that version.

That will be nice to have better functionality back. The "new" forum software has not been an improvement (in regards to user interface) but speed and stability seem to be better

Yoda, is that you? lol

I can see my cat smiley when on my iMac, too.

????, we iOS users can ???? the ????

I had it in there once but had to edit the post to get it to show up. And then had to edit this one again. Edited by Tim

I love the icons on the iPad, and we can certainly get them easier to use!  Anyone care to help in exchange for some quality car care products??

:)

Sure. I also don't get the smilies on my android phone.