Customer Service 866.965.0400

New from Michigan

BMW Chris

I am new to Adams and detailing. Always looking for tips to help keep my 2009 BMW 328xi clean and looking great. Oh yeah, did I mention it is jet black. I would like to look into getting a Cyclo to polish it but worried about making the swirl marks worse.

Welcome Chris!

I would like to look into getting a Cyclo to polish it but worried about making the swirl marks worse.

That should not be an issue.  The Cyclo is safe for a 'newbie' machine user.  The only way to damage your paint with the Polishes and Pads Adam's sells is to drop the machine on it!  Check out the videos, and as Ed suggested, check out local clinics for a "hands on" experience with the machines. 

Thank you all for making me feel so welcome. I am sure that I will be looking to you all for more information in the future on an array of items such as the cyclo, local clinics, techniques, and products. Once again thank you for making me feel welcome and a big thank you to Adam's for having this forum.

Chris

I have a black BMW as well (2014 X1) and I use the 6" pads with the Porter Cable setup (Adams doesn't sell it anymore, but you can find it on Amazon).  I am also thinking of upgrading to the Cyclo.  I started off brand new with the same concerns and followed the videos religiously, took my time and did smaller sections at a time.  Perfect results.  I would start with the microfiber over the foam pads since you have black paint, but both work great.  It took swirl and some minor scratches (that I think occurred at BMW when they put the clear bra on) out of a new car.  I would also recommend claying it first if you haven't already.   Hope this helps.  

Good luck polishing!

Duncan

I have looked all over the forum and I am looking to see if there are any clinics in Michigan this year. I really want to learn more about detailing so that my car can be as perfect at it can be. Any help is much appreciated.

I have looked all over the forum and I am looking to see if there are any clinics in Michigan this year. I really want to learn more about detailing so that my car can be as perfect at it can be. Any help is much appreciated.

It does not appear there are any clinics put on by Adam's corporate in your ares, but there could be some by a local dealer.  Check the "EVENTS" and "DEALERS" links in the red header bar.