Customer Service 866.965.0400

Audi Paint Correction Dilemma

camaroguylenny

Question

We recently purchased a black 2012 Audi A5 convertible that needs some paint correction (halos, scratches that don't catch a fingernail, etc.).  I currently have a PC (been using for 3 years) with the foam pads and the older correction polishes (Severe, polish, etc.). 

My dilemma is that I am interested in the new microfiber pads and polishes but not sure if I should stick with the PC or upgrade to a Flex or Cyclo to reduce the amount of time required to correct.  Buying the pads for the PC would allow me to use on a Flex if I decide to purchase later but would be worthless if I decide to buy the Cyclo.

Can someone offer some advice knowing the difficulty with Audi paint correction?  I understand that Cyclo is the only polisher available through Adam's now, but I don't want that to be the determining factor if one of the other polishers would be the better route to go. 

Thank you in advance!

5 answers to this question

Lenny, I would suggest trying the new Polishes and the MF pads.  They really take the PC to another level. and allow for some serious correction.  BTW, I do all my work with a PC 7424 (non XP) and another DA polisher.

Lenny, I would suggest trying the new Polishes and the MF pads.  They really take the PC to another level. and allow for some serious correction.  BTW, I do all my work with a PC 7424 (non XP) and another DA polisher.

Lenny I am not sure how soft or hard the clear is on the Audi's........however if you decide to go with the Cyclo hard or soft clear it will do a nice job correcting your paint.

Chris/Michael, thank you for the replies.  I think I'll try Michael's recommendation first and see if my PC will do the job with the new system and save me some money.  If I don't see much improvement, I'll reconsider buying a Cyclo.  

Thanks again!

In the Fall I did my first full correction on the G8, having practiced on a few panels when time would allow, and doing my wife's Altima first, I decided to tackle it.  I still had plenty of product on the old 3 step system (like 80% bottles or more), so without wanting it to go to waste I switched up the combo of pads. 

My car was heavily swirled, and found that if I used the old Severe Swirl Remover with the Orange MF cutting pad, the Swirl and Haze remover with the White MF finishing pad, and finally the fine machine polish on the white foam finishing pad.  I ended up only needed 2 passes of the first 2 steps and 1 pass of the final step to get 95+% correction.  If you have a lot of product left, I'd recommend not letting it go to waste!