Customer Service 866.965.0400

Meguiar's Clay vs. Adam's "NEW" Clay

bruuuuce

This weekend 4 of my car buddies met at the garage to work on correcting my 2013 Dodge Challengers paint.  I haven't been happy with its finish since I purchased it, always had minor swirls and scratches, which seems pretty typical reading here.  The dealership has one of those touch car washes they ruin their cars through before delivery,,,, booooooooooooooooo.

I had never done paint correction before and didn't have the product or tools, but my buddy Jeff did so we met at his house and the 5 of us knocked my car out in just over 7 hours, we had two polishers going and a lot of premium microfiber towels flying.

Very pleased with the Adams product as always, Sunday I got up and decided that the used Envy wheels I had purchased needed some TLC.  When you cleaned them you could feel the brake dust stuck to them, nothing was cleaning them.  

So I cleaned the wheels as normal, then got out the clay.  Started using my new "NEW FORMULA" Adam's clay and it was pretty effortless the clay was soft and pliable to the shape of the wheels, but the brown brake dust was quickly contaminating my clay.  So I thought, hey I have some old Meguiar's clay somewhere lets ruin that and save my good clay for the paint, good Idea in my head.

So I searched around and found the old clay I had and as soon as I picked it up I could tell a difference, it was like plastic, didn't shape well.  It was hard to use, it didn't conform to the surface of the wheels well at all which made it difficult to get in all the nooks and crannies of the wheel design.  I also noticed the contaminate was requiring more pressure, more detail spay and longer to get the same results as the Adam's "NEW" clay was.

Wished I had before and after shots of the wheels, but after claying, brilliant glaze and Americana wax my wheels shine just as good as the paint.  Very pleased with the results, two thumbs up to the Adam's NEW clay, it what I will use from this point forward, I threw the Mequiar's in the trash when I was done!

Edited by bruuuuce

Good times Bruce!  ( I polished for about 7 hours this weekend too!).  

Not take anything away from the new Adam's Clay (I love it!), but you may have had similar thoughts comparing the old Adam's clay vs. the current version.  It was very nice to use, but not as pliable or smooth at the new stuff.  

Auto Magic (Clay Magic in the stores) had a patent and you could only buy their clay.  Others could sell it under their name and use their version, but it all came from the same place.  People took to smuggling clay from Canada and Europe, and often it was U.S. made clay that could not be sold here!  I am soooo glad that patent finally expired!!!

• 3 weeks later...