Customer Service 866.965.0400

How to clean grey pad used with buttery wax

stryker065

Question

I used the grey sealant pad with the buttery wax. Went on and off super easy! My question is how to clean the pad? When I was done I sprayed the pad with all-purpose cleaner and then rinsed it in water. This does not seem to work as the wax was not washing out. I may have ruined my pad. 

Any suggestions?

10 answers to this question

It will come out.  I saturate them pretty good and then use my thumbs and fingers to kind of knead the pad well, rinse and repeat till it is clean.  I use fairly warm to hot water as well.  There is a brush that works well, but if you don't have it the process I mentioned above will work.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-743-adams-pad-cleaning-conditioning-brush.aspx

I start by putting the pad on a towel or clean surface on the ground and use your garden hose to blast all the wax out of it. you will see all of thw wax drain out of the pad. I use liquid Dawn dish detergent on the pads and knead the rest of the wax out by hand, running it under hot water from the sink. Squeeze out excess water,air dry,pad side down, your good to go.

I try to teach anyone I am around with a machine this:

1.  Brush your pads out as soon as you are done using them.

2.  Blast the face of the pad with APC while you clean up your tools and area.

3.  Head over to sink and with as Hot of Water as you can stand, start to clean the pad like a paint brush, until the water is no longer murky.

If you are having trouble getting wax out of a pad, try hotter water, or mixing in a dot or two of Dawn.