Customer Service 866.965.0400

Interior Scratch on Windshield

Thorsager

Question

I have a scratch on the inside of my windshield. I noticed it today when pulling out of the garage. The sun hit it just the right way I guess. I think it occurred last week when I got my car inspected and the new inspection sticker was put in. Probably due to the tool used to remove the old sticker. The bad news is I can feel the scratch with my fingernail. Is there anything I can do to fix this or is this permanent?

2 answers to this question

I have a scratch on the inside of my windshield. I noticed it today when pulling out of the garage. The sun hit it just the right way I guess. I think it occurred last week when I got my car inspected and the new inspection sticker was put in. Probably due to the tool used to remove the old sticker. The bad news is I can feel the scratch with my fingernail. Is there anything I can do to fix this or is this permanent?

Technically it is permanent.  BUT... I would take it over to a local (highly respected) glass repair shop and see if it is worth looking at.  It could spread with the first HUGE temperature change and then you will need a new windshield.  Not a good day there.  They should be able to inspect it for free (but no guarantees).  Just call them up and ask.  :)

Good luck getting scratches out of glass! I was moving a glass desk top in my truck and it scratched the rear passenger window. Only way to get it out is to replace it.

Seeing this is with a windshield I'd have it looked at to make sure it wont crack.