Customer Service 866.965.0400

TOTAL INTERIOR DETAILER - Rain

Will_Cog

Question

Hi !

I finally got around to cleaning the inside of my car and applied TOTAL INTERIOR DETAILER. The car looks and smells great! Well today it rained and the inside of my door you can see where the rain fell. It left rain drops or water streaks where the rain ran down the door. I was going to reapply with another coat but it's suppose to rain for a few more days. 

Just wondering if I applied to much of it (if possible) or what do people do to prevent this? Has anyone else experienced this?

13 answers to this question

I get the same results in my Silverado. Leaves a white streak mark when the water dries. Interior leather does the same thing. I've stop using both products on my doors. My interior doors are dark. I only use the TID on my dash and interior console where they don't see any water.

I have not had any runs as of yet with the Total Interior Detailer or the Leather Conditioner on my interior and most of it is plastic in my truck. I have been in the heavy rain opening the doors even and all has been good.  I did have streaks run down the side of my truck once when I used SVT on my bed rail moldings but my SVT might be the older version. When did Adams make it Water Repellent?

Edited by BluedogGMC

Mine is definitely newer then that.

If you're experiencing streaks with SVRT, you probably either used too much or the surface wasn't completely cleaned before you applied it. A little goes a long way with this stuff, and you can go over the area with a clean towel to knock off any excess dressing next time you apply.

Will, the TID is not water-resistant, just like the Leather and Interior Conditioner.  They do a great job at treating and moisturizing, but offer no protection from rain/drips/big sneezes, etc.

As others have noted, SVRT is a better choice for dorr panels if you plan on spending a lot of time driving in the rain with your windows down.    ;)

I use Super VRT on my doors. Its water proof and doesn't run like Leather Conditions or TID.

It's great because obviously you'll have to open your door at some point when it's raining and it will get wet and will run if you use Leather Conditions or TID. SVRT is the best way to go for this.