Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Is The Best Wax/Sealant For Vintage European Paint?

85.5Pinin

Question

7 answers to this question

I have used Adam's PFP on an Adam's white foam pad and Americana Paste Wax on a European/US pre-war car.  The chassis was made in France and the body in New York.  It was re-painted in England several years ago (and a few months ago it moved to Scotland!).

Mar02025_zpsd9bf601d.jpg

Mar02021_zps656f01a2.jpg

I have used Adam's PFP on an Adam's white foam pad and Americana Paste Wax on a European/US pre-war car.  The chassis was made in France and the body in New York.  It was re-painted in England several years ago (and a few months ago it moved to Scotland!).

Great input from Michael, and I like to use the White Foam pads with a Paint Correcting Polish & Paint Finishing Polish combined, 50-50.  Then, top it off with the Americana Paste Wax.  That's what we did on this 1937 MBZ 540K.... it was painted a good while ago, no clear, and responded incredibly well.

IMG_1826.JPG

IMG_1991.JPG

The cars are mostly Italian from the late 50's through mid 80's.  I was thinking that the microfiber pads might be more gentle than the foam but because the detailing guru says the foam is better I will use those on my Cyclo.  I was also thinking that a coat of glaze might help before the Americana. Thanks for the help and advice!

The Guru agrees Jeffrey, and will suggest you start with the white foam, which are much gentler than the microfiber pads!  A coat of Brilliant Glaze is always satisfying, absolutely!

Let's see some pics of those Italian cars my friend!

The Guru agrees Jeffrey, and will suggest you start with the white foam, which are much gentler than the microfiber pads!  A coat of Brilliant Glaze is always satisfying, absolutely!

My thinking was "I would rather do 5 passes with the milder white pad/PFP combo than 1 pass with an orange pad". 

The pictures were from a 'maintenance' detail.  If he was attending a show (the car was at the Amelia Island Concours a few years before) I would have used the full face melter combo too (BG & APW).

Adam, this was the car I was working on when I talked to you while you where in Vegas.