Customer Service 866.965.0400

Self-cleaning paint?

Ace22

Question

6 answers to this question

You can still see dirt on the "clean" side so it certainly isnt perfect. Plus any plastic, rubber or glass parts of the car would still get dirty like normal so you would still need to wash it. In my opinion it won't last long or be very effective. I can only imagine how much more it'll cost to have the paint repaired, and then the additional cost of having it recoated every 3 years I believe the interval was. It just seems like a gimmick to me

Edit: The article doesnt mention how long it will last before it has to be recoated.

Edited by Gen9Rolla

I think during a real cold night at Adams warehouse, someone broke in and took some of Adams detail products and detailed half the car and then sprayed it down with Liquid Sealant. Thats why it sheds dirt off so well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

The coating appears to have super-hydrophobic properties in it. notice how much the water and mud beads up when in contact.

honestly i think this is a great idea. it would eliminate the need for wash mitts and drying towels most of the time. the part of a car wash that usually causes swirls for regular folks (non-Adam's users). just hose it down, clean up the trim, and your done.

as for longevity, it will probably last as long as ScratchShield without any protection; 3 years.  what i would like to know is if you can apply a paint sealant and/or wax to it for added longevity.