Customer Service 866.965.0400

IPA wipe down, cloudy or streaky

Fit08

Question

SO, once again I was faced with "cloudy, streaky" IPA wipe down so I stopped and just did a waterless wash wipe down and sealed.

70%, 50\50 mix and  distilled water. Blue waffle weave used.

Any thoughts?

9 answers to this question

Do you think that there could have been any residue left in your MF towel? Other words was your MF clean?

Try using a clean Single Soft.

Towel was new out of the package. I forgot that most use the double soft, but I was locked into the waffle for liquid.

You may have a lot of product on your paint and it may take a couple passes of IPA.......I always clay first and that will remove some product.

Hmm the only product is oils from polishes as this is after correction before sealant application.

What revive can it be used or is there oil res after it?

Where in the Adam's videos is there an IPA wipe-down??? 

:willy:

True that and this point has been raised from the collective. So, would revive suit this need to get polish oils off paint for sealant application OR is this a none issues to begin with?

When I'm looking to correct a finish, typically, the damage is obvious.  Correcting is skipped when a finish if flawless.  However, sometimes, you want to get down to the naked clear or paint, and here's what I do:

Add 4oz of All Purpose Cleaner to the wash bucket, along with the Car Shampoo.  That will strip the protection on the finish completely. 

Also, once you have used our Paint Correcting Polish or Revive Polish, there is nothing of the old protection remaining.  Those products get to the pores of the finish immediately!

I would think revive would be the way to go if you are using a non-Adam's polish prior to applying liquid paint sealant.  Although revive will leave behind it's own oils which should no be a problem.