Customer Service 866.965.0400

Liquid Paint Sealant stand alone

Ace22

Question

I recently did a full strip of my full detail due to some imperfections. After claying, revive polish, I then took the advice of Adam and glazed before I applied the liquid sealant. I am actually pretty pleased with the shine/depth of the liquid sealant! I then applied a second coat to make sure I had all areas covered.

I have found that Americana and other carnubas are not only great at providing shine, but also attract a lot of dust. Due to the high amount of dust/pollen in certain areas, does anyone here use the liquid paint sealant as their lsp? I know the carnubas are "warmer" and add more depth to the paint, but really the brilliant glaze topped with the new liquid sealant provided excellent results!

I use MSS (previous sealant) and LPS as the LSP on most of my details.  My wife's car and few select others get BG + Americana. 

Edited by mc2hill

Here's a few...sorry for crappy cell phone pics.  Not the best shots, but took a few last night when the sun was out, this morning was cloudy though.

post-11325-0-12038000-1400674924_thumb.jpgpost-11325-0-88322800-1400674934_thumb.jpg

post-11325-0-77209000-1400672156_thumb.jpgpost-11325-0-09956700-1400672170_thumb.jpgpost-11325-0-95580200-1400672275_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ace22

Quick Sealant or Liquid Paint Sealant or equivalent products work best on my cars that are driven daily.  Much slicker and dust-repellent.

Carnauba type waxes, glazes, etc in my opinion are for weekend drivers or show cars that you want the most depth, but nowadays, the shine level and depth you can get from a synthetic product highly rivals carnaubas and natural waxes.

If you want the best of both worlds, use a sealant for an LSP and if you want to "add a coat" to give some depth, throw a coat of Americana, Patriot, etc on top, your natural wax of choice.  It won't degrade the layer of sealant as those all have cross-linking polymers.

I frequently only run 2 coats of LPS on my everyday driver (Tundra).  I'm getting about 6-7 months of beading protection out of a double application.  The Machine super sealant is probably the most durable LS I've used to date.  

My jar of Americana just sits in the cabinet now all lonely like!  

Thanks man, I love the look as well since I also have Americana...but carnubas attract way too much dust in my area (live in the boondocks), so I have been preferring the sealant alone with maintenance with diluted rinseless. If I get the waxing itch, I just put a layer of brilliant glaze (I love that stuff!)

I thought Liquid Paint Sealant was going to be my LSP until my order arrived earlier in the week that included Brilliant Glaze. All I say is there is a WOW factor after I applied the Glaze to my metallic red Lexus. Some on here say Glaze is not for them, but for this old man's eyes it POPS. Now I'm waiting on my order of Americana to arrive.

post-12119-0-26085300-1409597990_thumb.jpg

Edited by gapwedge

Looks great wedge, sure you could prob keep Glazing it weekly/bi-weekly to keep that shine going as well.

Personally I don't prefer it just because of the masking it does and the short lifespan, but its perfect if you want a little extra pop or the many members on here who show their cars.  Personally I don't apply any product to my paint that will hide imperfections, because it will just drive me crazy when they come back.  I prefer to polish to as close to perfect as I can and live with any minor defects I couldn't get out from polishing, throw some sealant or long lasting paste wax and enjoy the 100% "no makeup" shine!

However, I can't deny that the BG does look beautiful on the red though!  Need new Ray Bans for that!

Looks great wedge, sure you could prob keep Glazing it weekly/bi-weekly to keep that shine going as well.

Personally I don't prefer it just because of the masking it does and the short lifespan, but its perfect if you want a little extra pop or the many members on here who show their cars.  Personally I don't apply any product to my paint that will hide imperfections, because it will just drive me crazy when they come back.  I prefer to polish to as close to perfect as I can and live with any minor defects I couldn't get out from polishing, throw some sealant or long lasting paste wax and enjoy the 100% "no makeup" shine!

However, I can't deny that the BG does look beautiful on the red though!  Need new Ray Bans for that!

Hope to try Americana wax next week for the first time which will take me completely through the circuit of wash, clay, polish, seal, glaze, and wax. Thanks Jason. Appreciate the feedback!