Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ford Nationals in Carlisle June 6-8 Rockin it Adam's Style!

Well, the weekend came and went in a burr. 2014 is the 50th Anniversary of the Mustang which seemed to draw an unusually large crowd to the event. There was no rain, moderate humidity and temperatures in the mid 70's to mid 80's. Spectator turnout also was much higher than normal.

My Team this year were some new faces to many; Nicole, running our Point of Sale system:

NicoleatWork_zps3737b213.jpg

and Brian "pbmgoat" Little assisting with sales and demos:

Brian_zps4bf88d4d.jpg

Almost ready Thursday late afternoon:

AlmostReady_zpscb1c51f7.jpg

Then with a few rearrangements Friday morning

OpenforBusiness_zps3b702b26.jpg

and the balloon up,

Balloon_zps7b74c090.jpg

we were ready for business!

The first car we brought in was this 2004 Boss:

Boss_zps50c4c84d.jpg

We worked on the stripes for it's current owner. The stripes were very faded, and he said they'd been like that since he'd purchased it several years ago. We tried many different tricks until we found the correct combo that would bring them back to an as new condition. It ended up taking All Purpose Cleaner on an Edgeless Utility Towel with lots of elbow grease. Brian and I came to the assumption that somewhere in this car's past someone had waxed over the matte, flat black, vinyl stripes. The wax build up and dirt within the texture was what needed removed. And we did it!

I discovered this Mustang while talking with its owner who came in to make a purchase. I asked her to take me to the car as I wanted to see it myself. I had the sneaky suspicion I'd want it in the booth. 100,000+ miles, used as a daily driver, drag/test and tune car, as well as being shown at Car Shows. 

Teacher-Student_zps98663eb4.jpg

Here I'm letting its owner have a try with our Cyclo Polisher, Paint Correcting Polish, and Orange Microfiber Pads. She couldn't believe how easy it was to use, and the success she was making. The car's finish came out better than new. She was so happy, she'd pull walkers by over to look at the car and try to explain how bad it was compared to how good we'd made it!

The back end of the car had recently been too close to a mail box that was being spray painted. Yep, overspray all over the trunk lid, spoiler, and rear of the car.

STANGRL_zpsf2a80227.jpg

Brian simply used Adam's new Clay Bar with Detail Spray as the lubricant to get all the overspray off. He then followed that up with the Cyclo Polisher, Paint Correcting Polish and Orange Microfiber Pads. Then, as we did with the rest of the car, we laid a coat of Brilliant Glaze down topped with Adam's Americana Premium Paste Wax for that flawless look.

I mentioned earlier the car also spends time at the drag strip? Well, her glass was a mess, both inside and out; greasy, unburnt fuel. Adam's Glass Cleaner with his Glass Cleaning specific Microfiber Towel got it all off in just a couple/few passes. She thought the film was never going to come off and had just accepted it being there. I also wiped down much of the interior with our Total Interior Detailer. She had applied a high silicone content dressing that was throwing quite a glare from the dash up onto the windshield. The satin sheen from the Total Interior Detailer and the now clear glass were going to make this car much safer to drive.

The next car we found came to us. A young man came by asking if we could take a look at his Tungsten colored daily driven Mustang. He'd original planned to bring his 1969 Cougar to the show, but its restoration wasn't quite complete. He and his wife had come to Carlisle anyways with their infant son to take in the show and figured they'd ask for some help with this car, I was obliged!

Tungsten_zps0959e4ac.jpg

The vehicle had scratches all over it and the color really allowed them to show. I told him I wasn't going to polish their car completely, but would remove the majority of the larger scratches.

Greaser_zpse8dc5d43.jpeg

BRZN/Dave to the rescue!

I used a 20volt Dewalt Cordless Drill, hooked up with our 4" cordless drill backing plate, mated to an Orange Foam Pad and Paint Correcting Polish. To say this combo worked is an understatement. Before I was finished with their car we'd completely sold out of our 4" cordless drill backing plates!

As we were leaving Friday afternoon, Nicole snapped a shot of the burnout contest being held at the Grandstand. Man, I wish I could have been sittin' in there, NOT!

BurnOutContest_zps70762260.jpeg

Here was Nicole's favorite car of the show:

T-Bird_zps86b6bfe7.jpeg

We found it outside of town in a parking lot with a bunch of other, various year T-Birds. None were parked close enough to us in the Fairgrounds to be able to bring one into our booth. Maybe next year?

It wasn't all work for the weekend. There was a bit of fun to be had after dinner.

Fish On!

FishOn_zps7a5eade6.jpeg

My lovely assistant Nicole:

Nicole_zps6ac8df0b.jpg

will be back to help out at the Chrysler Nationals July 11-13, along with Bob "krewsman" Krewson, who was with me at Spring Carlisle. Plan to stop by if you're in the area!

Edited by BRZN

• 2 weeks later...