Customer Service 866.965.0400

Discussion: Adam's new Tire Shine

I haven't used it of course  I don't think I will as I'm a natural rubber guy, but I'm sure a lot of people will love the mirror look on their tires.  I've never liked spraying a tire as it gets all over the wheel.  I imagine you could just wet the applicator though.  

Couple questions I had after watching the video...

1. Is it water proof? This can obviously cause slinging if its not somewhat water repellant and it rains... From past experience with another "A" brand product, but not premium grade.
  2. How easily does this come off of a wheel? Since its a spray on there will more than likely be some over spray onto Chrome, Black, Aluminum Wheels. Does it clean up easily? How does it come off the easiest?
Edited by Kingsford

It's not for me but I hope it sells a TON!

Better question is, tell me about those new spray heads for the bottles that I see in the new tire/wheel kit, are those the new standard and will those be sold as replacements?  Are they a more durable spray head?

While I was at Adam's HQ last month, I played with a sample but of course, there's no telling if the formula I used was further tweaked since then.  The sample I used was in a small 2 or 4 oz. sprayer bottle with the small pressdown type sprayer.  This minimized the overspray quite a bit, I imagine.  With the full size sprayer as in the video, I too would be worried about overspray or splatter.  I assume one can spray the applicator first and achieve similar results.

The sample smelled like Bananas, much like Buttery Wax.  Again, not sure what the current scent is, if it has changed.

It's hard to beat SuperVRT so this will be interesting.

Over spray is virtually a non-issue, just as it is with SVRT. This stuff is still water-based, with some silicone added. If it get's on your paint or wheels, it wipes right off. Spraying into an applicator is a perfect way to minimize over spray.

Yes, it is more water and weather-resistant than Super VRT is.

The sprayer heads pictured are just a different design with this last batch. Not an earth-shattering difference, they are very similar to the ones we've been using in the past.

Someone on the video would like to know if it slings.  Methinks he didn't comprehend the video when Adam said it was basically dry to the touch after 30 minutes.  

Like ANY product, if you leave it heavy or can see it puddling, centrifugal force will make it "sling".   SVRT will sling if you put it on like an idiot.  The nice thing is it's silicone free so it won't attract the dust the pure silicone products do.

I may have to try this...  Ya'll are pressuring me into it!  lol   

Chris that looks great on the tires.  Not overly glossy but glossy enough.  For those that don't like to spray onto the tire, spray it onto the applicator and apply it that way. 

I look forward to trying it out as soon as it arrives.

Edited by The Guz

What's going to be better about this product over VRT? What's the longevity compared to VRT? Also I noticed in the description it says you can use a pro-tire applicator, does this mean they are coming back? 

I personally prefer the foam blocks which I cut down with a serrated bread knife into a concave faced applicator to contour the tire.  

I believe from what I've read that the longevity is longer than that of SVRT due to the silicone it has in it.  

The nice thing is it's silicone free so it won't attract the dust the pure silicone products do.

I believe from what I've read that the longevity is longer than that of SVRT due to the silicone it has in it.  

:unsure:  :huh:

Misread.  Sorry Chewy.

Edited by LFairbanks