Customer Service 866.965.0400

Discussion: Adam's new Tire Shine

You quoted the first one out of context.  He was referring to SVRT with that comment and the new Tire Shine in the second comment. :2thumbs:

Reread both of the things you quoted...

You guys are right.  My mistake, and apology.

I'll buy a bottle at some point.  I still have a fair amount of the absolute best tire shine product I have ever used.  This product has been discontinued, so it doesn't look like I'll be able to buy any more of it... :(

I am a bit "old school" and sport raised white letter tires and like the somewhat shinier look on the truck.

I am not in a NJ area code where shiny tires are popular...... So, is there a way this new tire shine can be "cut" with something so it is not glossy?

I love the look of VRT on my tires...... Clean looking, NOT glossy.

I am not in a NJ area code where shiny tires are popular...... So, is there a way this new tire shine can be "cut" with something so it is not glossy?

I love the look of VRT on my tires...... Clean looking, NOT glossy.

It's called "Tire Shine" for a reason.  If you don't want shiny tires don't use it.

I too like the white letter look for sure.  I also bought two bottles, and am looking forward to seeing the finish.  I was a black magic user in my younger years so the new shine may very well appeal to me.

I've always stayed away from anything with petroleum distillates.  Not sure if its just me being paranoid, but always stuck to water based tire juice.  It may be harmless, but who knows.

The absolute nastiest shine I ever used was the original "M" brand purple stuff in the squeeze bottle.  The harshest, greasiest look, and I couldn't get rid of it no matter what I used.  Then it turned into this yellow stuff I had to use some harsh solvents to get rid of.

p9z9.jpg

2czio.jpg

I know they're bad pics from almost 9 years ago, but you can see how bad it was. And they were brand new tires.

LOL, absolitely bro, and that stuff probably slung everywhere as it always did for me.

Edit:  Bleach White was our only hope man!  Aweful!

Bleeche White couldn't touch that that stuff...

(edited to keep on track) :)

Edited by jimboman

It's called "Tire Shine" for a reason.  If you don't want shiny tires don't use it.

I had a simple question "Genius" ........ I asked if there was a way to decrease the shine for a "clean/natural" look, if you don't know the answer to my simple question, keep your "childish" replies to yourself.

I don't care for driving around with "shiny, greasy, unnatural, armorall looking tires"...... However, I do like using Adams products so that is why I asked this simple question.

BTW! I love the look of VRT and buy it by the gallon.

Beemer was referring to the fact that a clean natural look product is/was already available.  Why ask the question if you can dilute the shine of "Tire Shine" when SVRT is already available that suits your wants/needs.  "Certain" questions illicit "certain" responses.

Beemer was referring to the fact that a clean natural look product is/was already available.  Why ask the question if you can dilute the shine of "Tire Shine" when SVRT is already available that suits your wants/needs.  "Certain" questions illicit "certain" responses.

I thought the new tire shine had "longevity" on the tires and was formulated to be better than SVRT....... My "certain" question was simple and I guess you don't know the answer either.

I had a simple question "Genius" ........ I asked if there was a way to decrease the shine for a "clean/natural" look, if you don't know the answer to my simple question, keep your "childish" replies to yourself.

I don't care for driving around with "shiny, greasy, unnatural, armorall looking tires"...... However, I do like using Adams products so that is why I asked this simple question.

All I can say is buy it and give it a shot.  If not then wait for others to start getting it and posting there reviews. 

Did you watch the video? Adam showed two different methods that showed two different finishes.

Did you watch the video? Adam showed two different methods that showed two different finishes.

Yes, I watched the video and saw the two different "shine values" so I guess I will wait for one of Adams "chemists" to chime in here to answer my question.

Amen!  It's not for everyone, and the video we shot does answer most of these questions.   Tires compounds are so different, and the rubber seems to hold shine in many different ways.

For that reason, one dressing doesn't look the same on all tires!  For instance, on the Michelin's that my DD Ford sports, the VRT barely blackens the tires.  That, and the tread blocks are big, and getting the VRT into them requires much time and energy.  The BFG All Terrains on our Bronco and shop truck are also dull, regardless of how much VRT we apply.

For those tires, the new Tire Shine does the trick!  Remember, cutting the shine with a dry block sponge or Pro Tire Sponge (yes, they are coming back!) is a way to reduce the shine easily...

:2thumbs: