Customer Service 866.965.0400

New XC90 Sovereign Leather

teamcrossworks

Question

Some Help Please...

I just picked up a new 2014 Volvo XC90 for my wife to replace her older 2006. This new model has "Sovereign Leather" which feels much softer than the older model's leather seats.

I want to keep that new look without any shine but also want to protect the seats the best I can.

I'm thinking just using Total Detailer for everything?

Is Sovereign Leather a more "natural" leather?

Doe it require a different care?

Briefly looking at the manual, it says to just use a mild soap and water?

Thanks to all.

Edited by teamcrossworks

6 answers to this question

I'd only use the Leather Conditioner on it.  It will keep that leather soft and supple for a long, long time. Plus, it has a great SPF factor rating so it's great for protecting your leather from the heat and sun as well.  

Thanks for the input... one more thing, the color is very light beige. Will the leather conditioner darken it at all?

Absolutely not.  I have light tan leather in my Cadillac and it looks as light tan and new as the day I got it. Once a year, you might want to clean it, but it shouldn't need that yet.  You can use an applicator, a microfiber cloth, or even your hand to apply the Leather Conditioner.  I normally use the micro, but when I store the Vette in the late fall, I give it a good rub down with my bare hands and really rub it in. 

When you use it,  if you notice streaking or it looks lighter in areas, don't get worried and think something is wrong. All that means is that your leather is soaking up the conditioner at different rates.  Once you've got it all on evenly it will look and smell amazing. 

Rich, Thanks for the input. I guess I was just being overly cautious with the wife's new car (if it was my Aunt's wouldn't have skipped a beat). Anyway, I did as you suggested and the leather seats came out perfect. They look as they did (brand new) yet I know they are being protected.

Happy Happy!!!

At our shop and our personal cars we put leather conditioner on all leather seats unless specified by manufacture like fords king ranch allpy as needed if you need to clean it use total interior detailers or if extream ly dirty use leather and interior cleaner then follow with leather conditioner