Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pressure washer recommendation?

landshark

Question

I've been using the Foam gun along with my the regular water hose.  However, I've been waiting that "snow foam" effect from the pressure washer + Foam Cannon.  So I'm wondering which electric power washer do the members here use or recommended?  And will it be ok for light duty house work like washing my composite deck?

Thank you.  B)

24 answers to this question

In reference and addition to this question, I was wondering if there is a good recommendation for water spray nozzle after foam cannoning... I have a gas powered pressure washer that has taken wood off a deck if not used properly and I would hate to damage my paint but am really looking forward to getting a foam cannon!! (obviously I wouldn't spray it at my paint in a way that could take wood off a deck but was just hoping for any suggestions for best pressure/safe cleaning) - thanks!

i used to own a Karcher X-Series 2,000 psi washer when i lived in an apartment with a garage. i've since upgraded to a more powerful gas washer to handle bigger projects around the house.

the Karcher X-Series was a great washer when strictly used to clean cars/trucks and it was very reliable. the only thing i didn't like wasthe top mounted hose reel made the unit top heavy, thus easy for it to tip over. if i had a do-over i would've save a few and gone with the 1,800 psi model.

www.pressurewashersdirect.com is a good resource

if you go with the Karcher, buy this kit also, the female to male adapter in the bottom right of the picture allows you to use standard brass hose QD's like Adam's sells. http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com/Powerwasher-81K030SH/p1416.html

Edited by Z71_Denali

I have a Karcher 1700 from sam's club a few years back... MTM foam cannon from amazon had the correct piece so i could use the foam cannon.. i love it, though most times i use an old foam gun that my brother in law let me borrow.. once he takes that back i'll instantly be on here ordering the Adam's one.

I recently bought a Sun Joe that is 2030psi, which is pretty high for an electric. And it was on sale for $159 at Amazon. I've only used it once so far, but I liked it.

Be careful that's pretty powerful for cars..... Most car washes are around 1400psi.

Be careful that's pretty powerful for cars..... Most car washes are around 1400psi.

That was my concern as well, so I would be curious to know everyone's experience with the Sun Joe. That is pretty incredible pressure from an electric unit (2030 psi)!

I have a 1700psi Ryobi unit that I use the turbo tip with on the vehicles for rinsing all the time (and get the full 1700 psi) and not a single issue.  Don't put the nozzle an inch from the paint but 2000psi is perfectly fine especially with a 15 or 25 degree tip

Yeah, I wasn't too worried about the 2030 psi because I know a lot of people use gas units that are much more powerful.  It came with like 5 different tips, so I have plenty of options depending on what I am spraying and how delicate it is.

Bumping an old thread because my Karcher 2.300 (1600 psi, 1.25 gpm) just crapped out after a year.

I've gone through a couple of Karchers at the same price point over the years, and kept replacing them because Karcher has great support. I bought the last one at Home Depot and got their replacement plan, so now I have a credit and I'm thinking of trying another brand or spending a little extra. I didn't realize that the Ryobi has a 3-year warranty, that's pretty compelling. Plus the unit looks a little more robust. The wand has replaceable tips which seems to be the more commercial design vs. vario-twist plastic from Karcher. The downside is that Karcher has a foam attachment for theirs which was only $20 and works well in my opinion (never had a "foam cannon" so I'm biased in that regard).

A question - has anyone used the on-board detergent tank and soap nozzle for foaming? Is it a useless thing to try? The MTM foam attachment is really quite expensive (for an amateur like me looking at $150 for the whole washer), I'll need to look for a Ryobi-specific alternative and see if it's cheaper.

Edit: Here is the Ryobi-made alternative like I had for Karcher, but it seems like it's only available coming from the far East, no retailers aside from this amazon post - http://www.amazon.com/Ryobi-nozzle-high-pressure-washing-machine/dp/B00CLMMNQY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1441230784&sr=8-2&keywords=ryobi+foam

$30 isn't bad I suppose. Still, I wonder if it's needed when the unit has an on-board soap tank.

Edited by butters

You can use a 20% off one item coupon from Harbor Freight at Depot, yes the Ryobi is much more robust than the Plastic Karcher, brass hose fittings, aluminum pump and 3 year warranty.

Don't waste your time with detergent tank, you can get the MTM cannon from Amazon for $60 and the brass adapter you need to lock onto the Ryobi wand is $8 from Amazon as well.

So if you buy it with coupon from HD like I did, it would be 136 plus tax. Then add 70 for MTM plus attachments and you are good to go.

The friggin thing is a beast I've used it non stop this year and I have detailing friends who have 2+ years on it.

You can use a 20% off one item coupon from Harbor Freight at Depot

Thank you for the heads up! I tried this and had success at my local Depot.

I immediately assembled and put the washer to use, and I'm loving it. The pressure hose is nicer too, much softer, and the electrical cord storage is nice.

Glad you like it, enjoy!  Its a great unit.

As long as Harbor Freight sells a comparable item, Home Depot should ALWAYS honor their coupon at the store, I've never had an issue with tools, etc.

Obviously don't try to use it on a bathtub or a fridge lol, but you get the idea....