Customer Service 866.965.0400

Microfiber Polishing Pad Care

samers

Question

I couldn't find any discussions on how to clean microfiber pads in the videos or on the forum. Is the process the same as with the foam pads: rinse out with warm water and APC? Do the threads regain the softness they had when brand new?

14 answers to this question

Ok, do you just use only MRB in the wash with microfiber towels or do you also add detergent? After wash and prior to drying, I used detail spray around car and dried with the microfiber towel. Looks like the detail spray stained the towel and I found a few dirt marks. I currently have the towel hang drying unknown what to do next. Ordering MRB right now.....  

Edited by diaboluscanis

Your towels will most likely remain with some stains, its a by product of using them with different colored chemicals.

MRB is used SOLELY in the wash, with no other detergents whatsoever.

-HOT wash cycle, warm or cool rinse

-Medium sized loads 1 OZ only!  Large to the brim loads, 2 oz!

-No bleach, no detergents (other ones), no fabric softener, no dryer sheets

-Some like to line dry their MF towels, I put mine in the dryer on low heat and they come out awesome each time

DONT WASH MF TOWELS WITH ANY OTHER PRODUCTS BUT MF TOWELS

Thanks. I don't have MRB at the moment, what can I do in the mean time? My current plan was to let it hang dry for now and wait.

A liquid detergent with no bleach or fabric softener will do.  MRB has degreasers added to help remove products from the towels. 

This might sound dumb, but is it ok to was the glass cleaning towels with the other Micro towels as well, and what about cheap micro towels? I picked up a pack of 15 Microtex towels for door jams, trunk, and the painted spots in the wheel wells, and some interior work where I didnt want to damage my nicer Adams ones.

I wash my glass towels with all the other MF towels I have.

I also wash my cheapie towels with my high quality towels, including the Double Softs and the Uber Super Drying Towels from Detailers Domain.  No ill effects as long as you follow:

-1 oz in medium load, 2 oz in large loads

-HOT wash, cool/warm rinse

-Low or no heat in dryer

-No fabric softener, no dryer sheets, no other articles in the wash load besides Microfiber

However, at $15 for a 36 pack of Cheapo MF towels from Costco, once I do a really heavily soiled job (such as wiping down an engine bay), I ask myself, "Self, is it worth it to wash thing thing when it only costs me 45 cents to toss it?", and if its ridiculously dirty I usually just toss it out.

However, I usually keep the cheapo MF towels for house cleaning/dusting and glass cleaning in the house since they don't get too dirty with those duties and I can always differentiate them from my dedicated vehicle cleaning towels.