Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's New Tire Shine

EverReady

Question

Great product! I have tried 3-4 other tire shine products and I am staying with Adam's New Tire Shine. Easy to apply, easy to clean up over spray, maintains gloss, does not smear or fling. I am so glad Adams developed this product. I was tired of spending money on inferior products that did not meet all my criteria for a tire shine product. No more searching. 

I love the new Tire Shine, but it seems like in my applications it just does not have the longevity of VRT. I first noticed it on the tires on my CTS-V (Hankooks).  Then confirmed this when I did a customer's GMC Terrain (Michelins).  The tires looked great when it left!  Saw the SUV one week later and the tires were kind of dull.  Pictures below.  I guess each tire takes to each chemical differently.      

Just finished detail:

IMG_5505_zpsd48c32cb.jpg

One week later:

BC9E9BF6-7174-406E-A2E2-9806AE968AFC_zps

I have the same problem with my sprayer as well.  Think it's just the thickness of the product.

I was a little weary about using the shine instead of the VRT, however I do like it a lot.  Definitely nice to have an option whether to go shiney or a matte look.

post-11623-0-93626600-1410213214_thumb.jpg

Edited by Timmy8784

Yep, I was a little late to the party, but at HAN Nick (pretty sure it was you Nick, HAN is a fading memory), anyhowm Nick suggested spraying Tire Shine on the applicator then applying it to the tire that way. The look is perfect, just deep, natural, claen looking rubber.

I've done most of my cars now that way, Cars have Ventus, Goodyear Eagle, Goodyear Run flat, Michelin Pilot Sports, whatever my son has on his Cruze. Anyhow, I'm amazed by the look.

Sampled my limo company customer with a bottle and I think he is a convert now too.

The point being, try spraying the foam applicator and then dressing the tire about 4 - 5 times.

Bruce

alright. Here are my test:

Cleaned my tires good. Used some APC and GWC. They were not perfect, I could have cleaned them more.

Applied the Tire shine. Looked amazing. After a week, same shine as the first day.

After about 2 weeks and a few days the shine was gone from the outer wheel, but towards the rim was still there. This was about 1200 KM of driving, in rain and shine, going through some dirt trails, and driving . . . not so grandma-ish. 

All-in-all the V.R.T last longer, but I did like the Tire Shine. 

I have some pictures ill see if I can upload later. I took one every couple of days.

I plain and simple just dont like spraying anything directly on the tire. Virtually impossible to control overspray onto wheels. I spray everything directly onto the applicator then wipe on.

I think what confused some (at least me!) was the instructional video by Adam showed the way to get the most gloss was to spray on and let sit for a period of time and then go back and level out.

But once I found out the spray method wouldn't work on my low profile tires, I quickly resorted to spraying directly to the applicator.

This isn't a unique issue to this product... the concept of spraying a tire shine on anything but the biggest of tires is going to result in mass overspray. The thinner the tire, the harder it is. Even on my Z71 with 35" tires I hated spraying product on anything other than the outermost lug portion of the tire b/c it just ended up making a mess of my wheels.

I think what confused some (at least me!) was the instructional video by Adam showed the way to get the most gloss was to spray on and let sit for a period of time and then go back and level out.

But once I found out the spray method wouldn't work on my low profile tires, I quickly resorted to spraying directly to the applicator.

I did the same thing.  Used entirely too much TS for the tires.  It would never dry.  Works much better spraying on the applicator. 

I was using the VRT and was happy with that but bought the new tire shine put it on my wifes car and I love this new product. Like all there other products. I use nothing but Adams.