Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rinseless Wash Experiment

Beemer

Question

Little backstory:

I performed "The Full Monte" (strip wash, clay, polish, seal, glaze, wax, trim dressing, etc) the first week in June.  Since then I have lived on Rinseless Wash - sometimes full car, sometimes just spots (de-bug, etc.).  Always with the "clean towel" method - never placed a used towel into the Rinseless bucket.  Two oz of Rinseless concentrate in 3.5 gal water, screw-down lid on bucket, very nice.

The Rocket is not a Daily Driver but it's not a Garage Queen either.  I guess I'd categorize the Rocket as a "Weekend Warrior".

Experiment:

Yesterday I decided it was time for another 2 bucket wash since I had some mud in the wheel wells and the level of dust was just starting to "get to me".  I went to dump out what was left of the Rinseless in the bucket because I needed to use it for the wash. I noticed that the Rinseless solution (about a gallon) was still pristine. Looked like miniature-golf water without the cigarette butts and candy wrappers.  I felt bad about just dumping so I thought I'd try something:

I just added 2 oz of Car Wash Shampoo and filled the bucket to about 4 gal.

First thing I noticed was the almost complete lack of suds. Usually the suds from the shampoo overflows the bucket but not this time.  I almost dumped the mess but I thought, "What the heck.  I've come this far."

I used straight Shampoo in my foam gun and sprayed the car down with suds like normal and then washed with the combo Rinseless/Shampoo mixture.

I've got to tell you - the lack of suds really bothered me at first (soap+suds=clean, right?) but this stuff was SLICK! It was like washing the car with silk. Half-way through I hit it again with the foam gun because the combo stuff didn't really stick and I was afraid of spotting but it washed the car GREAT!  I was quite satisfied with how well it worked.  I had ZERO spots or runs after sheet rinsing and the rest of the process went per normal operating procedure.

Conclusions:

Make your own.  I'm not sure I'll do this all the time but it really made me wonder if suds were that important to a good car wash.

Edited by Beemer

8 answers to this question

Good experiment Roger!

The Rinseless will kill your suds because of the wax additives in it.

However, this isn't a bad thing in the grand scheme of things.  If you're working with soap only, then the majority of the lubrication comes from the suds.  However, when adding Rinseless, the lubricity comes from that addition, even though the suds are muted.

Suds don't necessarily mean safety/clean.  There are plenty of car soaps on the market that do not sud up very much at all but are safe to use just like any other quality soap.  I have a few of them, and personally do not like them because I do in fact prefer a sudsy car shampoo.  The soaps that do not have a lot of suds rely on slickness.  

Like Garry Dean says:

"ITS ALL ABOUT LUBRICATION PEOPLE"

I'd rather have 1/3 less suds in my soapy bucket and know that I have 20-30% more lubrication on the surface when using my wash media.  I have followed ONR ratios since the advent of Rinseless' release, and use about 1/2 - 1 oz of Rinseless in my car shampoo bucket, with about 4 gal of water, to act as a water softener (and slickening agent), works phenomenal!  I have a gallon of 1:16 Rinseless diluted with distilled to make Waterless Wash, works better than the original in my opinion.  I even took Chewy's advice and added 2 oz of Rinseless to my gallon of Detail Spray, to give it more cleaning powa!

I have used Rinseless 1:16 as an interior quick detailer, works great!

Last experiments to try for me are using the concentrate as a Leather Conditioner, Garry Dean uses his concoction in a spray bottle and mists the seat with the concentrate and just massages into the seats, I watched a video and seemed to work great.

Adam himself also posted last week he has been using a 1:3 dilution of Rinseless/distilled in place of Detail Spray, that is going to be my last experiment.

By far the most versatile Adam's product ever released, period.