Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams comparo

Not sure where to put this. Mods move as appropriate.

I started this as an "apples to apples" comparison between what I have used and what I use now, but quickly realized that I had apples, oranges, pineapples and a few bananas:o

I have - as I'm sure most of you have also- been told the same thing for so long that that it became fact. like:

1. liquid carnauba wax can NEVER be as good as a paste

2. Sealants have more "shine", but carnauba is "wetter and deeper"

3. There is a direct correlation between shine, durability, and ease of application

With this in mind, I set out on the following:

Tape off a section of my hood and, following the directions printed on the respective products, do a direct side by side comparison. What I ended up with was totally unexpected. Again, I used products that did the same thing while being close, are different by design.

What I started with:

Adams FMP and SMW with the Gen2 yellow, white and black pads;

Pinnacle Advanced Finishing polish, Signature II Carnauba paste wax, LCC yellow, white and gray (AKA black) pads;

Adams WAY cool plush microfiber towel;

PC 7424 polisher and Adams detail spray as a lube for all pads.

details of pics:

1.The test area

2-5 the final results. (white marks are paint chips as this is a daily driver)

What impressed me was the fact that I can't tell the difference. Adams sealant is not only JUST as shiny and deep as the wax, but it lasts longer too (wax is good for about 30 days outside 24/7) and is just as easy to apply and remove.

In short, I'm sold.

• 2 weeks later...
Cool test. Just out of curiosity, when you pulled up the tape could you see a defining line between the sections?

To tell you the truth, no. No difference between the paste wax and the sealant- which speaks VOLUMES about the sealant.

But then again, it looks just like the rest of the car...... Not better, or worse.

This is after the tape was removed, DS applied to both sides, and buffed out with that wonderful blue super MF towel:thumbsup:. The bottles have not been moved

163549ae.jpg

R